Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 555
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Re: Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

Post by Sirajuddin A »

Kids would love to read this fabulous book as it answers the question about Christmas and the birth of Jesus.
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

I love children's books and this looks like an interesting one because it covers why we have Christmas and the festivity.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

It's wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola. This children's book sounds like a beautiful and engaging way to introduce young readers to the origins and meaning of Christmas. The incorporation of Bible verses, along with the author's storytelling, helps provide a deeper understanding of the Christmas story and its significance.

The inclusion of pictures in the book sounds delightful, as they enhance the reading experience for children and bring the story to life. It's great that the author poses questions throughout the book, encouraging readers to actively engage with the story and deepen their comprehension. The additional questions at the end of the book offer an opportunity for further reflection and discussion.

Your positive review highlights the book's simplicity, readability, and error-free editing, which are important factors in creating an enjoyable reading experience. Rating it 5 out of 5 stars speaks to your high regard for the book's quality and value.

Moreover, your recommendation for children over the age of four is helpful, as it provides guidance to parents and caregivers looking for appropriate reading materials that impart the meaning and significance of Christmas. By helping children understand the reason for the season and appreciate the message of salvation through Jesus Christ, this book can contribute to their spiritual growth and understanding.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "I Wonder Why It's Christmas." It's evident that the book made a positive impression on you and offers valuable insights for young readers.
Ankitg Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankitg-yadav.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ankitg Yadav »

Theological concepts that are difficult are probably presented in a manner that suits young minds. The visual component of children's books is crucial. Engaging drawings will keep children's attention and will back up the story. I believe "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" did fulfill it. Congrats on #BOTD
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

Great review of the children’s book, "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola. The cover and pictures look just right for children and the Bible citations make the story fit in with great literature or with religion. The story developers and then the readers can ask for understanding right along with the questions in the book. This makes it easy to open up any type of conversation about Christmas, the Bible or other things too. Congratulations on BOTD.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Zinhle Mlondo 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zinhle Mlondo 1 »

Number one this book is the best for kid's they really have to know why we celebrate Christmas. What really happened our Lord Jesus Christ is a miracle how he came. I love this book it the best even to elders some of them have forgotten why we celebrate Christmas.
Renee S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Renee S »

It's nice that "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" is a simple and easy-to-read book. It sounds like a good read for Christian children or anyone curious about Christmas. Thanks for your well-written review.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gone With the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

It sounds like this book presents the story of the birth of Jesus in an interesting way, with the questions and the illustrations. It will teach children the meaning of Christmas. Thanks for the review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

I am definately adding this to my bookshelf. Thanks for the detailed review!
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: The Great Migration
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 118%

Post by Tejas Koli »

"I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola beautifully tells the story of Christmas, from the angel's visit to Mary to the joy it brings to families. With engaging storytelling and lovely illustrations, it teaches children the essence of the holiday and includes interactive elements like questions to enhance understanding. Backed by Bible verses, Recommended for children over four to learn about the true meaning of Christmas and appreciate the gift of Jesus Christ. Adding it to my reading list!
Eugine Ingalwa
Currently Reading: The Three Card Trick
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eugine-ingalwa.html
Latest Review: Tropical Scandal by David Myles Robinson

Post by Eugine Ingalwa »

This is a nice and simple review, just like the book. I like that the reviewer has mentioned the positive aspects of the book that make it favorable for children to read. The book is written using simple language and the inclusion of vibrant pictures only makes it appealing for young readers. Even as an adult, I think the questions posed by the author will encourage me to learn more.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Me Inside by Martha Miller

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Best wishes on the BOTD award. This is an easy read and is written simply. This is a children's book and explains why the season of Christmas is so special. The author has also backed the story with several of the Bible verses.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

A lovely illustrated book to educate the early readers and reminding the old ones about the main reason for celebrating the Christmas season. This is a must have book for every Christian family.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Under The Elm by Ivana Christman
2024 Goal Completion: 130%

Post by Martina Sette »

This is a delightful children's book that beautifully captures the essence of Christmas through engaging storytelling, vibrant illustrations, and thoughtful questions that encourage interactive learning. Congratulations!
Smrithi Arun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

“I Wonder Why it’s Christmas” is a cute book highlighting the curiosity of children. In this case, it is focused on answering about Christmas and how it started. Congrats on the BOTD!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes

Return to “Children's Books”