Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 660
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 66%

Re: Review of I Wonder Why It's Christmas

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“I Wonder Why It’s Christmas" by Esther Ekunola is a book written for children that will be fun to read to my great grandchildren. The story begins with an angel appearing to Mary to tell her that she had been chosen to give birth to a baby named Jesus even though she was not married but had a fiance named Joseph. The angel explained to Mary the reasons she was chosen. The book will help educate children and refresh the person reading the book to children memory. The illustrations make it much easier for children to see the story while listening.
Rahul Singh 29
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

"I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola encourages kids to think about the true meaning of Christmas, which is about hope, peace, and goodwill. #BOTD!
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: ABCs for SATs by Elise MacArthur

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book beautifully narrates the story of Christmas in a manner that is both captivating and easy for children to understand. With its engaging narrative, backed by Bible verses and adorned with delightful illustrations, the book effectively communicates the essence of the holiday season, fostering joy and understanding among young readers. Nice review.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

A charming children's book that examines the enchantment and wonder of the Christmas season is "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola. Young readers can explore the history and customs of Christmas with Ekunola's colourful drawings and captivating text. The book invites kids to examine the significance of cherished holiday traditions and think critically by posing thought-provoking questions and stimulating their playful curiosity. Families hoping to share the thrill and joy of Christmas with their little ones will find Ekunola's writing to be both educational and enjoyable, making it an ideal read. All things considered, "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" is a delightful addition to any holiday library.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by grace ruhara »

One thing I adore about children is their inquisitive nature. The way they always ask anything and everything they find difficult to understand or comprehend.
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"I Wonder Why It's Christmas" sounds like a delightful book for children, helping them understand the significance of Christmas in a simple and engaging way. With a perfect rating and positive reviews, it seems like a perfect addition to any family's holiday reading list.
Kshitija Sonawane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: The Cannoli Caper by Jeff V Erickson
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

Children are always curious about things. It is always a good idea to introduce them to religion soon. That way, they will face a strong foundation towards their faith as they grow up. Congratulations on BOTD, and best wishes for future projects.
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Post by Dalia Chf »

An illustrated book that aims to teach the younger generation the true meaning of Christmas and why it is celebrated. A great read for believers since most of children don’t truly know what this holiday is. It’s nice to know there are also bible verses in the book, it means it teaches really well. Thanks for pointing that out!
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: What The Dogs Tell Me by Rose Lesniak

Post by Abraham Ozo »

"I Wonder Why It's Christmas" is a beautifully illustrated children's book that artfully tells the story of Christmas, engaging young readers with its interactive questions and heartfelt narrative, while instilling the essence of love and joy through the author's incorporation of Bible verses.
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 2293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 34%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

Curiosity is the most important trait for a child to have and it has to be supported. I would personally not go for a Christian book but I appreciate it asks the kids questions too.
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

Already "I Wonder Why It's Christmas" a children's book by Esther Ekunola has already earned a place in my heart and added to my list. Not only because of the good ratings, but because I happen to work for children as a promoter and this book will be a great aid towards this noble task.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola is an adorable children's book written to answer questions by the little ones. It is beautifully illustrated and shares the story of why we celebrate Christmas. I love books like these that teach children while keeping the story interesting. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
byrondsouza
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by byrondsouza »

"I Wonder Why It's Christmas" by Esther Ekunola is a beautiful children's book that provides answers to the little ones' questions about Christmas. The author has made the book interactive by asking questions to the children. With beautiful pictures and illustrations, I believe that this book will be loved by many children around the world. Congratulations on being named Book of the Day!
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Michael Gambo »

Through engaging storytelling, This book not only entertains but also educates young readers about the significance of Christmas. It's a delightful journey that leads children to understand the timeless message of love. Truly a gem for every family's holiday collection!
I believe in something greater than myself.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 626
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

This book sets the foundation for children to learn about Christ. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Children's Books”