Review of Electoral College What

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Review of Electoral College What

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Electoral College What" by Dana Fernandez.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mrs. Robinson is a committed teacher who likes to teach her students new things. The American presidential election is around the corner, and she thinks it's right to teach her students about the electoral college. In the background, we have two school friends, Luca and George. One sees learning as something great and noble, while the other sees it as something boring. Let's see how today's lesson goes, the impact it creates on the state of their friendship, and the class's upcoming sixth-grade election.

Electoral College What? is a children's book written by Dana Fernandez. The book is illustrated by Kiera Pagano. The author, Dana Fernandez, is a renowned teacher who believes that exposing children to the concepts of politics and governance will help raise well-informed and responsible future leaders. I appreciate this ideology. I believe in it.

I liked that the author picked her words carefully even when discussing such complex concepts as the electoral college and separation of powers. This will help children have a smooth reading experience with this book. There is a glossary at the end of the book. I found the definitions simple. This is an opportunity for children to learn new words.

Children become more active and inquisitive during interactive sessions. I am glad that the author took advantage of this trait by explaining the concepts in this book in an interactive manner. This is done through the conversation between Mrs. Robinson and her students and the interaction between the friends, Luca and George. Children will learn certain things about the American political system.

The illustrations are great. The picture quality is amazing and should immediately capture the attention of children. The themes explored in this book will benefit children immensely. For example, they will learn from Luca to be hardworking and open to making the lives of others better. This book is exceptionally well-edited. I didn't find any grammatical errors in it.

I don't have any negative concerns about this book. Hence, I am delighted to rate it five out of five stars because of the above positive points. There is no reason to remove any stars from the rating. Electoral College What? is recommended for children aged five and fourteen. Older readers will find the simplified concepts in this book helpful.

Electoral College What
View: on Bookshelves
Jennifer Benítez 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-ben-tez-1.html
Latest Review: Nakhon Phanom by James I. Jouppi

Post by Jennifer Benítez 1 »

Thank you for choosing this book. Thank you for caring!
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

I guess it is never too early to learn politics ;) Will the children really be captivated by this lesson? Mrs Robinson will surely know how to make her lesson interesting. Thank you for your review.
FunkyFlowerLady
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

We need more teachers like Mrs. Robinson, educating kids about real life elements. and kids like Luca and George who are eager to learn from her. Great review!

Return to “Children's Books”