Review of The Night Before Christmas, Will Santa Know That We've Moved?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Review of The Night Before Christmas, Will Santa Know That We've Moved?

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Night Before Christmas, Will Santa Know That We've Moved?" by S. Alston.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It is Christmas Eve, but Johnny and Sue cannot fall asleep. They were wide awake because they had recently moved and were uncertain if Santa would deliver presents to the right place. Their dad, who did not like seeing his children upset, wanted to help ease their worries. What does their dad tell them? Will Santa visit Johnny and Sue on Christmas Eve? Is there more to Christmas than getting presents from Santa?

The Night Before Christmas: Will Santa Know That We’ve Moved? by S. Alston is written in the same rhyming style as the classic poem ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas. Nearly all of the pages had only four lines to read; young children could easily read this book with help from their parents. I noticed this made my reading experience fun and easy.

I also enjoyed the illustrations in this short book. Nadya Shinkar, the illustrator, did a great job capturing the emotions of Johnny, Sue, and their parents. The lights hung on the family Christmas tree were painted in a way that made them seemingly jump off the page. There is also an excellent representation of the different people throughout the world shown in this book, which parents can use to explain diversity to their children.

There is nothing I disliked about this short poem at all. The story was cute, the illustrations were beautiful, and the lessons given fit the theme well. Only two grammatical errors were present in the book, but they were minor and did not take away from my enjoyment of this tale.

Based on my previous comments, it is only fitting that The Night Before Christmas: Will Santa Know That We’ve Moved? is given the maximum rating of 5 out of 5 stars. If your family has recently moved, this book is a great way to ease your child’s worry about Santa possibly not visiting them this year. Children between the ages of three and seven will enjoy the color, positivity, and lessons they will learn from this book.

The Night Before Christmas, Will Santa Know That We've Moved?
View: on Bookshelves
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: Trusting People by Guy De Furia Ph D

Post by Vivian Writes »

The story’s premise is so cute. I, too, would love to know what the kids’ dad told them. The book cover looks professionally done and homey. Young ones will enjoy this book, especially during the Christmas season. Thank you for the entertaining review.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I hope Santa was able to locate Johnny and Sue's home in time to deliver the presents. This book will be widely enjoyed by children who enjoy Christmas stories. Nice review!
Nemanja Jankovic
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 526
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

I like that the book is written in rhyming style and that it is enriched with suitable illustrations. It is commendable that children learn diversity through the book. Great review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

My little niece will surely love this book. She is interested in Santa, loves gifts, and loves Christmas lights. Pretty sure the illustrations will capture his curiosity and attention. Wonderful review, Kaitlyn!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

Christmas Eve is the best season of the year, I see to it that each of my kids gets a Christmas present, It would be sad if they got none and that would spoil our day. So I do understand what Johnny's parents would feel like if the kids are up at night because they had no gifts for Christmas Eve. This is a great review!
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

Every year I get a Christmas book..this is going for the list:) thank you for your review
Bambi265
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bambi265 »

A great story my kids enjoyed reading it and love reading it every year at Christmas
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I'm a real fan of the classic poem and I love books about christmas, so given your rating, I think this has to be a must read.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Great topic, how will Santa know they've moved? It's a wonder that Santa sends present every year but no one never sent him their address. It makes for a great Christmas story. Thank you for the review Kaitlyn!
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Doomsday Clock by Mark Pearson

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Oh! It sounds like a very nice story, I would like to read it. Thank you for your honest review.

Return to “Children's Books”