Review of Sheamus and the Horizontal Hospital

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Review of Sheamus and the Horizontal Hospital

Post by Bef Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sheamus and the Horizontal Hospital" by Jonathan J. O'Konek.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sheamus lived alone with his dad in a big, bright blue house. He was about to have a big day but was reluctant to get up. Even with the rays of the sun shining upon his face and his poodle, Fred, licking his face, he still did not want to get up. Sheamus had a big day. He was going to the hospital. Daddy came to wake him up, but he insisted that he did not want to get up. He did not want to go to the hospital. He continued to refuse until Daddy told him about the surprise. What was the surprise?

I totally loved this book. It was heartwarming and lovely. I loved how Sheamus’ father was kind and caring to him. He understood children and knew better than to force Sheamus out of bed. He applied a more convincing and educational technique that worked. It is good for parents to create this kind of bond with their children so that it will make their parenting job easier. I liked how the author used colorful pictures to illustrate the events happening in the book. These colorful pictures will draw the attention of children to this book. The author made sure to use simple and easy-to-understand words so as not to create confusion for the children who will be reading this book on their own.

I do not think there is anything to dislike in this book. It was not lengthy, so children won’t get bored while reading it. It was also very educational. Children will get to learn some things about hospitals, especially their structures.

This book is worthy of a full rating, so I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. It was entertaining, educational, and lovely. There were no errors in this book. The editing done on this book was exceptional, as this book was perfect.

I recommend this book, Sheamus and the Horizontal Hospital by Jonathan O’Konek, to children between the ages of 3 and 9. Children younger than the age of 3 can also enjoy it if it is read to them by an adult.

Sheamus and the Horizontal Hospital
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

An educational, entertaining, and lovely children's book that showcases a father's love for his son. Thanks for your review.
Grace Elkana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Post by Grace Elkana »

Every time I read reviews of children's books, I look out for illustrations. I like that this book has it.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

Children books with a plethora diagrams are always fascinating. The storyline is intriguing, motivational and inspirational. A father's love for his son is wonderful and soothing to read about. Nice review.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

A children's book that talks about the story of how Sheamus was reluctant to get out of bed when he was supposed to go to the hospital until his dad told him of a surprise. The author made use of colorful pictures and made use of simple words that children would understand. Thanks for the review.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

I like how caring, gentle, and kind Sheamus's dad is not being hard on Sheamus regardless of his attitude on not get up from the bed. Great work!

Return to “Children's Books”