Review of Leo's Moon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Review of Leo's Moon

Post by Helen Akoth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Leo's Moon" by Cinthia Del Grosso.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Leo's Moon is a children's environment book by Cinthia Del Grosso. It talks about the environmental pollution issue. One day at night, through his bedroom window, Leo notices that the moon looks sad. He then asks his mum why the moon is sad. His mum tells him that the moon is sad because people are no longer caring about his friend, Earth. This made Leo think and think. The following day, he had a big idea on how to make the Earth clean and healthy again. Leo's idea spirals far and wide in a way he could never have imagined.

I liked how the author was able to capture this powerful message in a simple way. The book is organized such that one page has a text and the following one an illustration. This continues alternately through this short, engrossing, and informative book. There are also a few lines per page, making it ideal for children's short attention spans. I also liked the colorful illustrations; they complemented the text well. All this will make the intended audience, children, obtain the most out of it.

What I liked the most about this book was its message. The Earth needs a cleanup, and bringing this awareness to children deserves nothing but rounds of applause. Leo will act as a role model to children, as they can relate to him. He will give children the confidence that they, too, can have an impact that adults can emulate. Like Leo's big idea, this book should go viral.

Overall, there was nothing I disliked about this book. It was exceptionally well edited, as I found no errors. Therefore, I am pleased to give it five out of five stars. This children's book deserves nothing short of a perfect score.

I highly recommend this book to children from the age of two years onwards. I am saying 'onwards' because I feel even adults will love it. Educators and parents will also appreciate this informative picture book. This is one of the best children's books I've read, and I look forward to reading more from the author.

Leo's Moon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

A good children's book to educate kids on the importance of looking after our earth. Thanks for your review.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I absolutely love the idea behind this book and I know my son would also learn a lot from it. The illustrations sound amazing and perfectly created for children. We need more inspiration to get our Earth healthy again and to keep it healthy.
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

Thank you for your review. Well done to the author for bringing awareness to children about making the Earth clean.
Grace Elkana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Post by Grace Elkana »

Saving our planet from environmental pollution is something that everyone should pay attention to. I like that the book teaches children about the adverse effects of environmental pollution. The simplicity is an added bonus.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

A children's book that narrates the story of how Leo asked his mother why the moon was not happy and his mother told him that it was because people did not care for his friend, Earth again. The story also talks about how Leo thinks of a big idea to make the Earth clean and healthy once again. I like how this book would be a great book that children would learn how they can also make the Earth a better place again. Thanks for this great review.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

This book is what every child should read to be educated and grab some lessons from this book. Yes, our environmental pollution is significant. Nice review!
Amber Leigh Luecke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: A Year With Rumi
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amlilui.html
Latest Review: Where's Hare's Tooth? by Lois Solverud

Post by Amber Leigh Luecke »

Nice to see such a glowing review for a book that encourages conscientiousness for our environment.

Return to “Children's Books”