Review of Rocky the Rockefeller Christmas Tree

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Review of Rocky the Rockefeller Christmas Tree

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rocky the Rockefeller Christmas Tree" by Jennie Nicassio.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Rocky the Rockefeller Christmas by Jennie Nicassio is an interesting children’s book that is centred around a competition by Christmas trees to become the Christmas Rockefeller, something every Christmas tree wants to become. Rocky happens to be the least likely tree to win the competition but is among the most determined. He is physically not good enough and is mocked by the other trees. Rocky is determined and gets motivation from a fairy, but is motivation enough to beat the other physically fit trees?

The book had me smiling all through my reading. It had me feeling like a child again when I saw Rocky in his first state when he transformed; I wouldn’t have been able to tell the difference without the illustration, and it would also help kids understand the story better. I think it is important for kids to have moral lessons alongside entertainment in every story they read, and this book did not fail in that aspect.

There wasn’t anything that I did not like about this book; it was a very brief story that would be easy for children to read. The book was very fun to read. The book did not need lots of words because the illustrations already provided a lot of information. During the preparations, I could see the trees lifting weights; it is always so important for children’s books to have illustrations.

For a book that made me feel like a child again and had everything a children’s book should have, it deserves nothing but a perfect rating from me. So I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. The book was perfectly edited. I did not spot any errors in it. It was well written, and Rocky was a very determined character that inspired me.

I would recommend this book to young readers who are looking for something entertaining to read. The beautiful story and pictures will entertain children. The book will also better prepare kids mentally for competitions and inspire them to never let the appearance of others daunt them.

Rocky the Rockefeller Christmas Tree
View: on Bookshelves

Return to “Children's Books”