Review of Eye Am

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Eye Am

Post by PinkRose572 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eye Am" by Joshua Seldon.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Eye Am is a reflection on the unlimited possibilities and powers in us and the connection we have with other people and nature through affirmations, answers, and questions. The exercise begins with such basic affirmations as "Eye Am Amazing" and "Eye Am Strong" and progresses to deeper ones like "Eye Am Everything and Everything Is Me."

The first thing I admired in this power-packed book was the creative yet economical word choices. For example, the word "Eye" was preferred to "I" to achieve a certain purpose. The word choices made in this book are simple and potent. The illustrations were appropriate and beautiful. This should draw and sustain the readers' interest. I had a great time reading this book.

It is often said that the world is a game of mind. I am grateful to Joshua Seldon, the author of this book, for crafting these mind-shaping affirmations, answers, and questions that will help children discover the abilities and possibilities in them and the connection they have with nature. Adults deficient in these aspects will find the exercises in this book helpful.

Each exercise in this book is arranged into three sections. The first is an affirmation, which is a sort of declaration. This is followed by the author's opinion of what such an affirmation or declaration implies. The next is a series of questions asking the readers what their opinion is on such an affirmation or declaration. I consider this approach very potent. It should yield the desired results.

I was inspired to read about the forces behind writing books of this nature. This should help readers appreciate the invaluable benefits of positive energy and a healthy environment. This book was exceptionally well edited. I did not find any grammatical errors in it.

This book is recommended to readers aged two to eighteen who find the exercises in this book interesting. Parents should please read this book out to younger children who may not be able to read. They need to grow up hearing these mind-shaping affirmations about the unlimited possibilities of their human nature.

Any reader who wishes to discover the possibilities in them and the connection they share with nature will find this book insightful. I don't have anything to complain about with this book. Hence, I am delighted to rate Eye Am five out of five stars because of the positive points I highlighted in the above paragraphs. There is no reason to remove any stars from the rating.

Eye Am
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

I like that the children are taught about the power of affirmation. My only concern is the spelling of “eye” as opposed to “I”, as this might confuse the kids. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Children's Books”