Review of The fantastic adventures of Alex in the broccoli forest

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PinkRose572
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of The fantastic adventures of Alex in the broccoli forest

Post by PinkRose572 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The fantastic adventures of Alex in the broccoli forest" by paul insel.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In a dream, Alex meets various food-group characters, and this provides him with the opportunity to make friends and learn about the various health benefits of each food group. He meets food-group characters like Peel, Sammy, and Sourdough Mountain, and their friendly dispositions help make his journey easy and fruitful. He wakes up in the morning a changed boy.

I admire the author's idea of beginning the lessons on nutrition at such an early age as five and doing so through such a captivating medium as a storybook. The author did a great job animating each food group, initiating informative discourse, and illustrating the story with beautiful paintings. This is a perfect blend of art and knowledge.

The Fantastic Adventures of Alex in the Broccoli Forest: A Children's Nutrition Story is an amazing children's story written by Paul Insel. In this book, children will learn about the five food groups, their constituents, and their functions. For example, children will get to know about the food group called vegetables and their vital health benefits that earned them the name "superfoods."

The humanization of the food groups should initiate a quick bond between them and children. This makes the passage of knowledge about the food groups and their functions easier. The visual and interactive approaches should also help children assimilate these lessons quicker and retain them for a longer time.

I don't have any negative concerns about this book. It was painstakingly edited. There was no grammatical error in it. I am pleased to rate this book five out of five stars based on the positive points I noted in the above paragraphs. There is no reason to rate it lower.

Children aged five to nine will find this story informative and entertaining. Older readers will also gain a lot of insights from the lessons on nutrition covered in this storybook.

The fantastic adventures of Alex in the broccoli forest
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

I wonder what it will feel like being in a broccoli farm. Must be nice. The title of the book is quite catchy, and the plot is even more unique. Alex is sweet character and this book will be easy to recommend to children. It will broaden their imagination.

Return to “Children's Books”