Review of Snuggle Bedtime Stories

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Review of Snuggle Bedtime Stories

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Snuggle Bedtime Stories" by Jessica Williams.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Snuggle Bedtime Stories treats children to a lot of beautiful flower paintings and amazing short tales. The book is divided into three parts, namely, "Learn to look deep within," "Learn to breathe deeply," and "Learn to see from a new perspective."

This children's story is written by Jessica Williams and illustrated by Bianca Contreras Proboste. The book is designed by Kimberly Wilbern. I appreciate the efforts these individuals put into this book.

I found the flower paintings and the short tales in this book amazing and soothing. The paintings are potent enough to induce that level of calmness necessary for a peaceful night's rest after a stressful day, even as they delight the eye. This is complemented by the musical and rhyming word choices.

There are a couple of moral lessons and positive values to grab in this book. An example can be seen in "Forgiveness is a violet, A radical gift and benefit, Which comes from a love that’s infinite" (pages 418–419). Children will also get to learn the names of some flowers and what they look like.

I was greatly impressed to see how the author embellished each positive value with such literary devices as metaphor, followed by a visual representation. For example, on page 412, hope is called a sunflower, and this is followed by a beautiful sunflower painting.

This storybook also contains helpful insights on personal training and awareness, both of which are of immense benefit to children's growth and development. I found the ideas in the section "Learn to breathe deeply" most interesting and educational.

I have two negative concerns about this book. First, I didn't see the purpose of the captions on pages 232, 234, 237, and 239; second, I found four minor errors in the book, but these did not interfere with my enjoyment of it. Overall, however, this storybook appears to have been professionally edited.

I am delighted to rate this storybook five out of five stars based on the above positive notes. The above negative notes are not so pronounced as to lead to the removal of any stars. I recommend this storybook to readers between three and ten years old. It should also appeal to older readers who enjoy nature paintings and simple stories.

Snuggle Bedtime Stories
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Faris Sweiss
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Faris Sweiss »

Great review. I like your diverse vocabulary, and your sentence structure is amazing. Your review may have convinced me to buy this for my younger cousins.
Nwoko E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-e.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nwoko E »

I was greatly impressed to see how the author embellished each positive value with such literary devices as metaphor followed by a visual representation. Great review.

Return to “Children's Books”