Review of Ozo The Octopus Needs Arm Squeezes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Review of Ozo The Octopus Needs Arm Squeezes

Post by Bef Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ozo The Octopus Needs Arm Squeezes" by Elizabeth Eskow Bortz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ozo, the octopus, has eight arms. His arms moved in all directions. It moved up, down, left, and right. This became a problem for Ozo because he needed to calm his arms. He met some of his friends and asked for help, but only Ozo’s teacher, who was full of charm, decided to help Ozo. How did Ozo’s teacher help calm his arms? You can find out when you grab a copy of this book.

Ozo The Octopus Needs Arm Squeezes by Elizabeth Eskow Bortz was very lovely to read. The author was conversational in her choice of words. The way she writes will attract the attention of any child. She marked out some of the important keywords in the book by making them bold. I loved how she did her best to keep this book short and direct. The rhyming in this book is another factor that can help keep children glued to it. I must applaud the effort that went into creating the unique and colorful illustrations in this book. They were bright, bold, and colorful, and this is another factor that will make children love this book. I love that morals like care, kindness, and attentiveness are shown in this book. They will help teach the children good morals.

There is nothing to dislike about this book. My favorite character in this book is Ozo’s teacher. She was lovely and did not hesitate to help Ozo when he needed help. I think all teachers should learn to be attentive to their students like Ozo’s teacher. I also love the tiny details of the quotes that were included on the shirts of some of the octopuses. Helpful tips and strategies concerning sensory strategies are also included in this book.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars for the reasons I mentioned above. This author put a lot of effort into this book, making sure that it was exceptionally edited and that not a single error could be found in it.

I recommend this book to children between the ages of 2 and 6. I advise that a parent or guardian read this book to the child or ward just in case some questions arise.

Ozo The Octopus Needs Arm Squeezes
View: on Bookshelves
Anthony Ekemezie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ekemezie.html
Latest Review: Crucible of the Damned by Jason Brookshier

Post by Anthony Ekemezie »

From your well detailed review, I can tell that this book is very educative for children and it would be enjoyed a lot. Thanks for the review.
Clara Tom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clara-tom.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Clara Tom »

This book was lively and I really enjoyed how the author directed all the points in a way that the authors will understand easily. I hope to read this book soon as it was really enjoyable.

Return to “Children's Books”