Review of Ninny Henny Nite-Nite

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-gebrosky.html
Latest Review: Archer the Therapy Dog by Katie Baron

Review of Ninny Henny Nite-Nite

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ninny Henny Nite-Nite" by GranJan (Jan Hetherly).]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It’s time to go to bed! This is a sentence that many children dread. They often want to stay up and play instead, and that's exactly what's going on in this story. Ninny Henny Nite-Nite by GranJan (Jan Hetherly) follows the tale of Ninny Henny Nite-Nite, who is trying to put Baby Mighty Roar to bed. Like most kids, Baby Mighty Roar does not want to go to sleep. How does Ninny Henny Nite-Nite react? Does Baby Mighty Roar get his wish to stay up late, or does he go to sleep? Read Ninny Henny Nite-Nite by GranJan (Jan Hetherly) to find out!

This story is a cute rhyming book. The words are lyrical and mellifluous. It seems designed to put children to sleep with its enchanting rhyme scheme. The illustrations were beautifully detailed as well.

The only downside to the story is that I was confused about the relationships between the animals. Ninny Henny Nite-Nite is a chicken, and Baby Mighty Roar is a lion. I think it might have made more sense to make them the same species, or at least make them animals that share a habitat. I’m guessing that Ninny Henny Nite-Nite is a nanny to Baby Mighty Roar, but it’s not clear about that either.

The book was exceptionally well edited, and I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. It's a whimsical and entertaining bedtime tale that will delight the reader. The unusual pairing of animals can be overlooked because it is a children’s book meant for entertainment. Children will probably not find anything strange about a chicken putting a lion to bed.

I recommend this book to parents of young children, especially those who do not want to go to sleep at night. This book would help them know they are not alone and that even the bravest lions need rest. I also recommend this to young children who like rhyming books with bright and colorful pictures. Check out Ninny Henny Nite-Nite by GranJan (Jan Hetherly) to read this entertaining lullaby. 

Ninny Henny Nite-Nite
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

I find the unusual pairing of the animals comical. I imagine it will arouse a lot of questions within the young minds this book is read to. Children are already naturally inquisitive and curious. I think instead of putting them to sleep it will ignite the "engines" of their little brain.
Ebele Ekelobi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

Little children who like rhyming books with bright and colorful pictures will definitely enjoy this. Great review.
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

Monale Bariyima Ueh wrote: 27 Jan 2023, 01:22 I find the unusual pairing of the animals comical. I imagine it will arouse a lot of questions within the young minds this book is read to. Children are already naturally inquisitive and curious. I think instead of putting them to sleep it will ignite the "engines" of their little brain.
I thought it was quite amusing as well! Thanks!
Julie Gebrosky
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Julie Gebrosky »

Leokarl wrote: 28 Jan 2023, 03:39 Little children who like rhyming books with bright and colorful pictures will definitely enjoy this. Great review.
I appreciate it! :)

Return to “Children's Books”