Review of Make Grandma Great Again

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Make Grandma Great Again

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Make Grandma Great Again" by Robin R. Rabii.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Make Grandma Great Again by Robin R. Rabbi is a children's book about Grandma Alice Baker and Amy, the adorable daughter and only child of Busy Dad and Pretty Mom and the thoughtful and kindhearted granddaughter of Grandma Alice. After Grandma Alice lost her husband, Grandpa Frank, she became a shadow of her former happy, active, and bubbly self. She used to read bedtime stories to Amy and her friends, but all of that stopped after the loss of her husband. She had to move in with Amy and her parents, and it didn't take a while for Amy to discover she was unhappy and lonely, and she cried a lot.

Amy wasn't happy about grandma’s sadness, and she made ingenious plans with her friends, Jenny and Susie, on the things to do each day of the week to make grandma happy again. They called it ‘The Grandma Flabbergasted Plan.’

I loved the simplicity of the storyline and the slight brilliant plot twist towards the end of the story that wouldn't confuse children of Amy’s age as they read through the pages of the book. I loved the oneness of spirit Amy and her friends used in making plans and executing them. Amy is such a kind-hearted soul that her character taught me a lot about how much the oldest members of society are neglected and how much we need to do to keep them happy and lively even as they age. Amy’s ingenious ideas impressed me a whole lot, and I hoped to have kids as bright as her and her friends as I read this book. The way she quite literally interpreted adult conversations and adult behaviors beyond her comprehension was hilarious and made the book a lot more interesting. Also, the pictorial representation of the events in the book made for a more wholesome read.

Some of the ideas in the book were a little bit farfetched and seemed higher than the intellectual capacity of third graders, thereby making the story a little bit unrealistic. The part where Amy and her friends organised a swim party for older men, used different social media platforms to publicize it, and even devised a way to make money from the event seemed a bit too far-off an idea for little children to come up with. I found two errors in the book, but they weren't much of an issue. I believe the book was professionally edited.

I rate Make Grandma Great Again by Robin R. Rabbi 4 out of 5 stars. I removed a star owing to some parts of the book I considered unrealistic. I didn't deduct more stars because I enjoyed reading this story a lot, and I must commend Robin R. Rabbi for the fantastic job he did with the character development. Every character in the story was adequately developed.

I recommend this book to children between the ages of eight and ten as they are the appropriate demographic for this book. They will learn a lot about building great friendships, helping those in need, and, most importantly, helping family members who seem left out, sad, and lonely to become happy again.

Make Grandma Great Again
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pauline Idlav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Pauline Idlav »

My sister love this book so much. She wanted me to read this every night for her.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Grandma/Grandpa have done enough in their early years. Now it's the right time for them to enjoy, relax, and free themselves from stress. I'm glad that Amy finds ways to make her Grandma feel great again. That's very kind of her. The moral lesson in the book is so good for grandchildren to learn to do for their lonely grandparents to be happy again. Thanks for your wonderful review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Phylise Mwitsa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Phylise Mwitsa »

The author did great work. This book is a lesson to young children because they are showing the roles and responsibilities of young children in our society. They tried hard to make grandma happy and great. Children plays a big role in the society and their parents are first role model. As you give, you also receive. Grandma gave and God used children to give to her in return. I salute the author . Thanks for the story is enjoyiable to read and share with many children.
Phylise Mwitsa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Phylise Mwitsa »

Grandma was a lonely person due to the lose of the husband. Children are so sensitive to realize that grandma was not happy and had to think of healing her. This made her forget her lose and become great again. Army deserves to be honored for the great work done. I rate 5 🌟 for the great book.

Return to “Children's Books”