Review of What If

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of What If

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What If" by Brittany Muttillo.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

All children sometimes find themselves in stressful and anxious situations. This is most often a consequence of their environment, but also of insecurity and fear of their peers. What If by Brittany Muttillo is a children's picture book that describes the importance of family and the protection and love that family provides.

The story follows a little wolf who is unsure of himself. He is afraid that others will not like him and that he is not good enough. The little wolf is also scared of failure and rejection by other wolves. However, his parents constantly encourage and reassure him that his family will always be there for him when he needs it.

This story is a real little gem of encouragement and self-belief. I appreciate the story's message, which emphasizes the importance of family. I believe that it is crucial for every child to feel love and security from those closest to them. The world is cruel, and our mental health can become problematic if we don't have a kind of refuge with the people we love. Of course, this matter is especially important when it comes to children. In addition, the entire book is illustrated with beautiful and vibrant pictures. I think the graphical part of every children's book is extremely important, including this one. I believe these illustrations can greatly help keep young children's attention while the story is being read to them. Also, I really liked the writing style of the story because it is written in the form of a poem, and each line ends with a rhyme.

As for the negative aspects of this book, there are none. Also, I didn't encounter any errors in the entire text, so the book seems exceptionally well-edited.

Overall, I give this book a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I liked every part of the book, and I have no reason to give it a lower rating. I would recommend the book primarily to parents of young children who don't even know how to read yet or are just starting to learn to read. At the same time, the book is ideal for all parents who want to teach their children about important topics and lessons, such as family ties and trust.

What If
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
evakermit123
Currently Reading: What If
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by evakermit123 »

This is a story of self-acceptance and love. It discusses how important childhood positive reinforcement and love are in growing children's confidence and allowing them to truly thrive in the real world.
This story follows a young wolf who struggles to put themselves out there and be their true self because they fear rejection. However, his family supports him and continues to encourage him, promising to be there for him. This story really touched me personally, I thought the art style on the cover was gorgeous and I didn't encounter any grammatical issues. I loved the use of language and thought that the relationship between the characters was very sweet and heartwarming. I think this is a must-read for all children in encouraging them to trust others and show them the importance of kindness. I rated it 5 out of 5!
Abiola Lawal Arowooye
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abiola Lawal Arowooye »

5 out of 5 stars

Return to “Children's Books”