Review of The Very Special Ring

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Review of The Very Special Ring

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Very Special Ring" by Cpl. Mike Beck U.S. Army (Ret).]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Diane assists Jack in feeding his family's calves. She enjoys the job and soon entertains herself by allowing the calves to suckle her fingers. What happens next when something fun suddenly turns sour? What happens next when something special is at risk of being lost forever? Well, let's see what happens when one of the calves swallows Diane's ring.

This is one of those stories you finish reading and catch yourself smiling from ear to ear. I appreciate Cpl. Mike Beck U.S. Army for the effort and resources invested in making this children's storybook a captivating read. The narration was so fluid and gripping. I enjoyed every second spent with this book.

I liked that the author incorporated essential positive values in this story. Children will learn from Jack and Diane such essential values as compassion for other people's plight, determination, and self-confidence, among others. The word choices are simple. The language is clean; therefore, The Very Special Ring is healthy for children's consumption.

I also admired the nice job done with the characterization of Diane and Jack. I found it realistic. The author skillfully captured their various emotions during joyful and troubling times. I also liked that Jack and Diane stood by each other in times of trouble. They show what true friendship entails, and children need to cultivate this attitude as they grow up. Jack and Diane's friendly dispositions toward animals are exceptional and worth commending.

Teegan Hernandez has done an amazing job with the illustrations. They are beautiful and thrilling, and they sure added to my enjoyment of the story. In addition, the story was given a proper ending. Moreover, this book was professionally edited. I found just two grammatical errors in it.

I am delighted to rate The Very Special Ring five out of five stars because of the aforementioned positive aspects. I don't have any negative concerns about this book, so there is no reason to rate it lower. I recommend this storybook to readers between four and eleven years old. They need to know what finally happened to Diane's "special" ring!

The Very Special Ring
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Monale Bariyima Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monale-bariyima-ueh.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Monale Bariyima Ueh »

Your review potrays this book as a feel-good book. The themes presented are positive values that will serve as an instruction guide to children. I also love books illustrations, they are captivating and keep my interest.
Jackie Garcia 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jackie Garcia 4 »

I love how easy to ready and theme is beautiful, I definitely recommend it for your kids or children’s.
Ebele Ekelobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

The book contains a lot to positive values that'll mold children into great adults. Great review.
Aleena Augustine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleena-augustine.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Aleena Augustine »

Your review of 'The Very Special Ring' paints such a vivid picture of the heartwarming story. The positive values and realistic character portrayals, along with the charming illustrations, make it sound like a delightful read for children. Great job on the review!

Return to “Children's Books”