Review of I Thank God

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Review of I Thank God

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I Thank God" by Mabel A. Chang.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I Thank God is an embodiment of appreciation, admiration, and wonder over the amazing beauty of nature and natural resources, the blessings of God, and exceptional human nature. This adventure is punctuated with high-end, beautiful illustrations.

I was mesmerised by the quality of the paintings. I marvelled at the paintings of such amazing gifts of nature as bees resting on flowers, snowcapped mountains, and fish having a wonderful time in the deep blue sea. It's a glorious sight to behold!

The atmosphere in this book is lovely and airy. It led my spirit into a state where I pondered with awe the soothing summer evening breeze, the birds chirping away in joyful melodies, and the beautiful colour of the receding sun. I appreciate Mabel A. Chang for enabling this gracious treat.

This book brings to the fore such essential blessings of creation as those perfectly ordered hairs on our heads and those beautiful pairs of eyes securely housed in our eye sockets, among many other things that, when wholly considered, leave the reader with more than enough to be thankful for. This is impressive.

This book offers a lot of positive values for children. For example, it can help move children's minds away from resentment and complaint to appreciation and contentment. These are essential values children need to develop to exploit life's goodness to the maximum and make the world better than they found it.

The word choices are simple, and these should give children a smooth reading experience. The narration is captivating. The language is clean and carefully chosen. The illustrations are beautiful and alluring. I believe children will enjoy watching them.

I didn't dislike anything in this book. It is thoroughly edited, and I didn't find any grammatical errors in it. I am delighted to rate this book five out of five stars based on the aforementioned positive aspects. There is no reason to rate it lower. I recommend this book to children between three and twelve years old. It will also appeal to older readers.

I Thank God
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Herminia Portillo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Herminia Portillo »

The book highly recommended to all youth and children because book show the Appreciation is, in fact, the key that opens up many avenues for expressing our thanks to God. The more we understand the details and preparations that God made long ago for the ultimate blessing of all those who please him, the more we find ourselves motivated to express gratitude by our minds, by our mouths and by our material possessions.
Herminia Portillo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Herminia Portillo »

The book highly recommended to all youth and children because book show the Appreciation is, in fact, the key that opens up many avenues for expressing our thanks to God. The more we understand the details and preparations that God made long ago for the ultimate blessing of all those who please him, the more we find ourselves motivated to express gratitude by our minds, by our mouths and by our material possessions.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

What a lovely review. We need to be more appreciative of God's creation and not grumble over little things. There is a lot in this world to be thankful for.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

This book is a great way to teach children about God and an opportunity for them to learn how to love and appreciate.

Return to “Children's Books”