Review of Hang'n with the Girls

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Hang'n with the Girls

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hang'n with the Girls" by Morris Brown.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A wise woman once said that there are three seasons in the parent-child relationship. The time you make decisions for them as a parent, the time they make decisions for themselves, and the time they make decisions for you. A child who isn't raised with love or has nothing significant to remember as childhood memories wouldn't be eager to respond to his parents' call when they desperately need him, and that's why I sincerely appreciate that the author deemed it fit to write this book.

Hang'n with the Girls by Morris Brown is a book where the author takes us down memory lane to the days when his girls were young. He and his girls created memories by visiting different parks, schools, and other fascinating places. But the beauty of the book is not just in the locations they visited alone but in the bond they shared, the challenges they encountered, the lives they blessed, and those that blessed them too. 

I like how the author narrates the story, making it an enjoyable read for children and adults. The way he depicted himself and his girls as cartoons and the graphic designs of the book would capture children's attention. I like how the cartoon representation of his girls made it evident that their father sought their consent before writing the book. 

The book teaches parents the importance of creating time for their children and standing up for them when the need arises. It also teaches children to be grateful for what they have and how to share with others who don't. I enjoyed reading this book and look forward to creating memorable times with my boys by visiting the places the author listed or other places I can get to.

There is nothing I dislike about the book; it is a book that can be finished in one sitting and can be enjoyed by both parents and children. For parents who don't know places to visit, the author listed different parks that he and his girls visited that families who wish to visit can visit.

The book was professionally edited, fun to read, and beautifully designed. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars for this reason. I recommend the book to parents, guardians, teachers, intending parents, and children. 

Hang'n with the Girls
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It is unfortunate that many parents do not realize that the time they spend with their children is important. In these situations, it is hard for me to blame the children for not wanting to be there.
masoudjjj
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by masoudjjj »

very goog
Asia Saisa
Currently Reading:

Post by Asia Saisa »

this story is so good for children , I really enjoy reading it ,they will enjoy it .
Nanin
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chobitpatience.html
Latest Review: Adventures with Pop Pop at Grant’s Farm by Warren Martin

Post by Nanin »

I think most African parents need to read this book. I strongly believe that the author wrote facts. Can't wait to read this book and find out more. Thanks for the great summary.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Quality time for kids is so important. For me, it's more than money. Some parents just give support financially and lose track of the quality time that is very necessary for growing children. I think this book is a reminder. Thanks for your wonderful review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Ashok kanjarla

Post by Ashok kanjarla »

The book teaches parents the importance of creating time for their children and standing up for them when the need arises. It also teaches children to be grateful for what they have and how to share with others who don't. I enjoyed reading this book and look forward to creating memorable times with my boys by visiting the places the author listed or other places I can get to.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

The way children are brought up impacts their whole life. It is a good thing to raise them in a way that you wouldn't regret. It also determines how they will raise their children. This is a good matter to address. The author made a great choice. I love how this review is written, highlighting all the positive aspects.
Chibee Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chibee-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chibee Glory »

Children's background is a determinant of how their adulthood would be. A child raised with love and respect will grow up to be confident, self-love as well as love others. This an interesting book on parenting.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

I solely believe in the opening words of this review and it resonates with me. The decisions the parent makes for the children at the early stages affects their response to them in the future.
Onyeso Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeso-njoku.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Onyeso Njoku »

I will advise parents who do not spend quality time with their families to start to do so because it is very important in family relationships.
Daisy Wills

Post by Daisy Wills »

This story is greatly astounded on modern day parenting skills and not spending nearly enough quality time with they’re children . If you or someone you know are and or might be struggling with parenting all shall give this a read and it might help inspire those who don’t to do so more often .
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love the concept of the book. This will teach parents to crest time for their children. While they are busy trying to create a life by earning money, they should also make time for them.
Abu_Aisha1
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

This book discussed a very sensitive topic that affects every human and society. Parents must give their kids maximum love and attention. Also, I like that the author emphasizes on kids being grateful. Great review!
Jay Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

It is rare to see a Father who would create time to hang out with his girls and fill the void of their mother. Such an interesting book.

Return to “Children's Books”