Review of Becky Chalmers Beautified

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Becky Chalmers Beautified

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Becky Chalmers Beautified" by Diane Campbell Green.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mr. and Mrs. Chalmers lived happily with their children, Becky, Jimmy, Susie, and Billy, in Yardley Borough. Becky Chalmers Beautified by Diane Campbell Green describes how this family is associated with the people and experiences they all had.

The country was mourning the loss of a promising leader, President Kennedy, who was assassinated. The Chalmers family was to join other families in the neighborhood for the bonfire night with their firewood. Their four-year-old daughter Susie began to cry because the night was too cold, and they had to head home. Daddy made everyone hot chocolate, the only dish he could make. They all ate and put their children to bed while Jackie told her daughter stories about how Jesus was crucified, buried, and resurrected.

Marial, the granddaughter of Colonel Belleview, loved riding horses, and her best horse Bridget had rejected her. Becky, who took second-hand lessons in riding horses by watching Marial and her grandpa ride, gave the horse carrots, rode it like an expert, and won herself a spot in the show.

I liked this book because it encourages children to visit the library and make reading a habit. As a parent, it also teaches that we should always look out for our children to know where they go and whom they follow. The scene where Mr. O-Angel talks to Becky about being a queen also conveys the message that children should be helped to build their self-esteem. It also made me understand that hating someone gives them control over you.

I didn’t find any reason to dislike this book, and I recommend this book to anyone who loves family stories. I didn’t find any errors in this book, which shows it was exceptionally well-edited. I rate Becky Chalmers Beautified by Diane Campbell Green 5 out of 5 stars because it contains moral lessons which children could learn from while reading.

Becky Chalmers Beautified
View: on Bookshelves
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Even though I am not yet a parent, I agree with you that parents should look out for where and with whom their children get along. It is crucial because friends could either be good or bad influences.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

A lot of interesting ideas going through my mind, I feel that children reading this book can make them love horses and also I agree that we should be aware of our children whereabouts always.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I wonder what it would feel like to loose a promising leader to children. This book seems to contain a lot of moral lessons and I will like to get for my kids to read too.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Even though I am yet to have kids of my own, I agree with the parenting skills of the chambers. If you want to have Godly kids, then slipping discussions about the Bible into their routines will help them develop their Christian faith.
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

I love the scenery of this book and I'm sure going to read it. It feels like it comes with peace aside the assassination of the president. I love the bonding between the family members.
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

Alot of moral lessons in one book, the reviewer took time to outline the benefits in this book.
Children needs serious guidance and attention in order to know something is wrong
Samuel Songs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-songs.html
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak

Post by Samuel Songs »

I will definitely say YES to any book that encourages children to visit the library. This fact about the book is enough for me to add it to my bookshelf and recommend it to other people. This review highlights the very best of the book. Nice one!
Latest Review: Caldera by Edy Kubiak
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

It should be every parents duty to help their children build their self esteem at home due to certain external influences from their peers or society. I love reading this review!
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

If I were a child, after reading this book I would ask my parents to take me for a horse ride. I would add this to my bookshelf as I enjoyed reading your review.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Madam Tori »

Great review! I appreciate how you highlighted the positive messages and lessons that can be learned from this book, such as the importance of reading and building self-esteem. It's refreshing to read a family story that emphasizes good values and behaviors.
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

Alot of moral lessons in one book, the reviewer took time to outline the benefits in this book.
Children needs serious guidance and attention in order to know something is wrong.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Americas Revival by Kathryn Garten and Christopher Garten

Post by Merits Anih »

Your review has painted a vivid picture of the book's characters and their journeys. Thank you for such a thorough and well-written review that has given me a great sense of what to expect from the book.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Eliah king »

loved how the book explored complex themes and tackled important social issues with sensitivity and depth. It was thought-provoking and made me reflect on my own beliefs and values."
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

The characters and their experiences seem relatable and engaging. Your review was clear and concise, making it easy for readers to understand what to expect from the book. The storytelling and writing style seem enjoyable, and I look forward to immersing myself in this heartwarming tale.

Return to “Children's Books”