Review of Eddie the Elephant’s Magical Ear

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Re: Review of Eddie the Elephant’s Magical Ear

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

This book will be a great help to children that have hearing disabilities. I like how the book is said to contain how to manage the situation better and even provide information about the medical gadgets that can be used for better care.
Timothy Rucinski
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: Midnight Mass
Bookshelf Size: 610
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: No One Will Hear You Scream by EJ Goldberg Phillips
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 29%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

This is certainly a children's book with a lot of value. I read a few pages and I think the little ones, particularly those dealing with hearing loss, will love it. I applaud Ms. Picerno for her effort and for bringing this issue to our attention in a most delightful way.
Oceegee Chika Oroke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oceegee-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Oceegee Chika Oroke »

An informative review capturing the the major issues discussed in this book: causes of hearing loss, curative measures, and support system. I am sure children suffering from hearing loss will be greatly informed about their condition and also feel a kind of comfort that their condition is being given attention.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

It seems to me that it is a beautiful story, different, and moving, full of empathy. A book oriented to children's education where empathy and friendship stand out.

How nice a read like these, the author has done a good job. Thank you very much for your review.
Annette Boateng
Favorite Book: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 331

Post by Annette Boateng »

Awesome!!, however readers especially children will find this story very educating and will have a alot to learn from this. Great review.
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Voices of liberty in tribute to the American revolution by Robert Keiper

Post by AntonelaMaria »

Having disabilities presented in such an understanding way and with empathy is important. I don't read children's books but I added this one to my TBR. Great review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Chelangat Cynthia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelangat-cynthia.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by Chelangat Cynthia »

Indeed we should appreciate the power of proper hearing abilities.Congrats on the BOTD and thanks for the review.
Kelsey Roy
Favorite Book: East Wind, 2nd edition
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsey-roy.html
Latest Review: Not What Meets the Eye by Matrika Hay

Post by Kelsey Roy »

Children’s books that are specifically tailored to helping kids understand their medical conditions are simply wonderful. I appreciate the author’s dedication to supplying a narrative to assist the millions of kids who experience hearing loss. This review is an excellent indication of the quality of the book.
JC Michaelz
Favorite Book: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jc-michaelz.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by JC Michaelz »

About 32 million children globally suffer from hearing loss. I'm hearing this for the first time. I think the book is worth reading.
Salena Phaisikhieuv
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Salena Phaisikhieuv »

I love that they're bringing more awareness on people who can't hear. it show that people have struggles in life by interacting with people who can hear, showed that they do need some help when they do need it. I love the book cause it is showing how deaf people have to navigate through life with a hearing aid, tells their story on how they did experience on losing their hearing, :D, :o.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

I really appreciate the valuable message in this children book. Such an educative book that provides helpful informations regarding hearing disabilities. I was excited to see how Eddie and the spider communicate. Thank you for a nice review.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m looking forward to digging into this nov to find out the role of the spider in the elephant’s loss of hearing and how the elephant address the difficult medical condition. Imagine such a huge set of ears and yet unable to function, must be huge heartbreak for the animal. Children’s books make amazing entertainment value not only to its intended readers but to all ages as well because of the learning, and the values everyone must emulate and be reminded of.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

As a person who is 80% DHH (Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing), I'm interested in reading this children's book. I wasn't born DHH, but rather around two years old. Great review!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting children’s book following an elephant that has become deaf because he lost his ear and must figure out why. It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1907
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Eddie the Elephant's Magical Ear' by Suzanne Picerno has a clear introduction. It states the important points related to the story of Eddie, the elephant, for readers. The point that the author explores in the story the medical condition of hearing loss and its attendant physical and psychological implications is worth mentioning in the review. Also, as mentioned in the review, the point that the story contained rhythmic word choices and was presented in couplets is remarkable for readers. It was great to learn that the painting will help children better understand the story and the message passed through it!

Return to “Children's Books”