Review of Stardog One

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of Stardog One

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stardog One" by eelonqa K harris.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Stardog One by Eelonqa K. Harris, Takeeya and her brother are excited about going to fish camp with their dog, Mima, and their cousins. Takeeya purchased enough candy to share at the camp. Uncle Eugene shared an interesting story with them on the first night. That night, Takeeya drank a lot of pop, which kept her awake. She visited the outhouse frequently. On one of her visits, she came across a mysterious light that introduced her to a new planet, where she encountered star dogs and celestial creatures. The order of things on the new planet is very different from what Takeeya is used to. Find out about Takeeya’s journey to this new planet.

I loved Takeeya’s character in this book. I loved her selflessness. She put her personal needs by the side, albeit difficult, to attend to the very colorful bee on the parched ground that asked for her help even though rendering the help would be detrimental to her welfare. Also, her concern for the plight of the dry tree was really heartfelt. Those gestures exemplify to children the importance of being kind to every living thing they come across. It emphasizes that kindness is imperative in human existence, and it will always never go unrewarded. The pictures of the characters added to the book made it a lot more relatable, especially for children. Also, the brightly coloured pages of the book will keep the attention of the readers. The diction of the book is ideally suited for the target audience as well.

There's nothing to dislike about this book. It was a fun read that will transport children to a realm or planet that they will find very fascinating.

I rate Stardog One by Eelonqa K. Harris 5 out of 5 stars. There's no reason to deduct any star from it. It was also exceptionally well edited, which is why it deserves the full complement of the stars.

I recommend Stardog One by Eelonqa K. Harris to children between the ages of eight and twelve. This demographic of readers will pick a plethora of life lessons from this book.

Stardog One
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edwardsjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwardsjay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edwardsjay »

I admire Takeeya and her inquisitive nature. Wonderful review.
Favour Ugwu Chidinma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favyugwu.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Favour Ugwu Chidinma »

I look forward to reading this children book. Thanks for the feedback.

Return to “Children's Books”