Review of The Inspiring World of Ella Rose La Fleur

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 494
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maduabuchi-eze.html
Latest Review: EXXXXCUUUUUSE ME? A Satire on Publishing by Richard Stephenson

Review of The Inspiring World of Ella Rose La Fleur

Post by Maduabuchi Okwiya N Eze »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Inspiring World of Ella Rose La Fleur" by Lori Schneider, MD.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Meet Ella Rose La Fleur, an amazing six-year-old girl surrounded by wonderful family members, friends, and pets! The tale of this exceptional personality is narrated in the following sections: Ella Rose, Mom, Pets, Friends, Arts and Sciences, School, Travel, and Family, and enunciates such crucial themes as self-awareness, family bonding, friendship, and great exploits, among others.

The Inspiring World of Ella Rose La Fleur is a children's story written by Lori Schneider, MD. The story is presented in poetic form and reads like a narrative poem. Owen Moloney garnishes the story with matching, beautiful illustrations. It was such a great rendition that reflected significant events in the story, making them more lively and relatable. I was impressed by that.

In addition, the word choices made in this story were gripping and sustained my interest as I read about Ella Rose's curled hair, the wonderful moments with her mother, her adventures with Kate and Mike, and her encounter with the pets, Jessie, Chestnut, and Molly.

Lori did a great job working out the musical quality of this story. Most of the stories were presented in couplets, as seen on page 52: "Ella and Kate/Love to ice-skate./They quickly glide/And gently collide." Some, however, were in alternating rhymes. I could feel the rhythm, and I was engrossed in the story.

Moreover, I was impressed with the characterization; it was quite realistic, and in this aspect, the major character Ella was my favourite. Her dispositions towards her friend Mike and her pet Jessie during critical moments in their lives were phenomenal. She showed in practical terms what true friendship is. I enjoyed reading about the lovely moments she shared with her friend Kate, especially the ice-skating game. Lori described Ella Rose and Kate as "two peas in a pod" (page 48).

I rate The Inspiring World of Ella Rose La Fleur five out of five stars because of the positive aspects I found while reading it. This story is a timely, gripping, and inspirational piece packaged to meet most of the needs of the twenty-first-century child. I recommend it to readers between three and twelve years old. There is no reason to rate this book lower; I didn't dislike anything in it. Also, I didn't find any grammatical errors in this book. It was thoroughly edited.

The Inspiring World of Ella Rose La Fleur
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Edwardsjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwardsjay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edwardsjay »

This storyline is intriguing and will be a good read. Thank you for your review.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

What an interesting story line, I will add this book to my shelf soon. This is a lovely review.

Return to “Children's Books”