Review of Stories From Rumi: for Kids and Grown-ups

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of Stories From Rumi: for Kids and Grown-ups

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stories From Rumi: for Kids and Grown-ups" by Somayyeh Mohammadian.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Stories From Rumi: For Kids And Grown-ups is a fascinating book written by Mehdi Azar-Yazdi, translated by Somayyeh Mohammadian, and illustrated by Mahsa Valizadeh. The book is a collection of short stories that represent wisdom and have a lot to teach. The book is designed for children, but grown-ups can enjoy it as well. In the book, you'll find a few stories from Mathnawi, the well-known collection of Persian poems by Mawlana Jalaluddin Mohammad Balkhi, known as Rumi. The stories talk about many different moralities. It talks about a wise governor who knows how to check on his people. It also talks about a naive person who doesn't think about the consequences of his actions. Then, it talks about a person who does his job so well that others get jealous. After that, the story is about a wise man advising his son. Finally, there is a story that shows how our minds can control us.

I see this book as a marvelous piece. I can't find enough words to describe the beauty of the illustrations and their colors. They have this eastern theme that represents the culture it came from. I like how each story ends with a question or more to open a discussion on the moral of the story. I'm sure this will make sure the child gets the most benefit out of the book.

I can't think of anything to dislike about this book. I liked that they avoided what many children's books fall into. They avoided writing on the brightly colored illustrations of the book. Instead, they used plain-colored pages. This guaranteed that the text would be clear and readable.

Because I love everything about this book, I rate it five out of five stars. It's well-edited, as I only came across two minor errors.

I recommend this book to children who are old enough to read and make sense of the provided advice in the book. I also recommend it to parents who would like to teach their children great values like wisdom, doing your job perfectly, and not blaming others for your mistakes.

Stories From Rumi: for Kids and Grown-ups
View: on Bookshelves
Edwardsjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwardsjay.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Edwardsjay »

I will like to read all the stories in this book. Thank you for the nice review.
Maryamshams
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Maryamshams »

Great review and geeat Persian book

Return to “Children's Books”