Review of Janice Jean the Swimming Swine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of Janice Jean the Swimming Swine

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Janice Jean the Swimming Swine" by Lisa Larson Gorum.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Janice Jean is a little piglet who used to live on a farm. The farm owner put up a sign announcing that the pigs were for sale on this day. That interested David and Craig, and they got Janice Jean that day and took her with them to join their family. That day changed Janice's life. She had a lot of fun with the family, as they took her with them on their trips. One day they went to the lake, which was Janice's favorite place. There, she faced a problem. You can know what the problem was and what Janice did to fix it when you pick up Janice Jean the Swimming Swine by Lisa Larson Gorum.

I like many things about this book. Simplicity is the main theme in it. It proves that you don't need to overdo things to succeed. The story is simple and easy to understand, but it has great value for kids. The illustrations are beautiful and very simple as well. They have this rural theme, which I find lovely.

I have nothing to hate about this book. I like that it is animal-friendly and will teach children to be kind to animals. The piglet moves into the house with the boys and becomes a part of the family. The story also teaches the children not to listen to what people might say to you and not to limit yourself to their limitations. If you believe in yourself and do what's required, you can do miracles.

The book was beautifully put together and had a nice, quiet theme. It delivered important messages to children. Therefore, I rate it five out of five stars.

I recommend the book to young children to teach them about confidence. I recommend it to parents who want to tell their children a nice and beneficial story.

Janice Jean the Swimming Swine
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Holly Goncalves
Favorite Book: Lost Connections
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holly-goncalves.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Holly Goncalves »

I enjoyed reading your review, Hager. I thought you outlined the plot well but didn't give away the vital part of the story. "You can know what the problem was and what Janice did to fix it when you pick up Janice Jean the Swimming Swine by Lisa Larson Gorum."; This was a clever way of enticing the reader to find out how the pig came to be swimming. I think the lessons in this book are great to teach to our children especially "not to limit yourself to their limitations." Your review made me want to read this book, well done.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

Children’s book are meant to be simple and I am glad this is simple. It will make reading easy for kids. The storyline is also quite interesting. I can’t imagine having my kid read this book, I feel like I’ll be in trouble of having a piglet in my home. Thank you for a nice review.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

This is a lovely review. You did well in using simple words to describe the book and this will be an educational book for children. Thank you for your review.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting and a fascinating review. I loved how you captured every aspect of the book. I did enjoy reading your review. This is an interesting one.

Return to “Children's Books”