Review of Where Joy is Born

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of Where Joy is Born

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Where Joy is Born" by J. R. P. MCLANE.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Even though the book's title sounds intriguing, one can hardly imagine the storyline will be an adventure escapade of the McBride children. The book Where Joy is Born by J.R.P. McLane is an adventure and friendship novel that consists of the adventurous events of the trio Jimmy, the oldest, Bryan, the daredevil, and their sister Tabitha. Their experiences during the summer holiday were exciting, including how they met a new friend, Elaine, who moved to their neighborhood with her parents and her brother, Robbie, who has a disability. To enjoy the story at its best, get a copy.

The first chapter shared the exciting experience at the ditch. Bryan, the daredevil, bragged he could leap a ditch, but Jimmy and Tabitha couldn’t believe him because of the distance. Eventually, Bryan was able to leap, but the grass at the other end threw him into the ditch. The story goes from one height of fun to another, coupled with some sad moments. 

The book consists of 297 pages with 20 distinctive chapters. Each of the chapters is a complete and exciting piece. The storyline is fascinating, and many moral lessons can be learned from the book's pages. The love the trio showed Robbie after his predicament is real and deep. It offers a great deal of what true love can accomplish. The moral soundness of Jimmy and Bryan in being honest in all circumstances is also noteworthy. I also learned that taking responsibility is not a function of age. The author did a great job with the conclusion of the story.

If one is not patient enough, the first few pages of the book can make one conclude the book will be boring, but the progressiveness of the writer's thinking gave the book some exciting scenarios. For example, how Burl, a bully, and Bryan disagreed and reconciled their differences is excellent.

The book is exceptionally well-edited, as I spotted no errors. I award it a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars for being an enjoyable read. I recommend the book to children between the ages of 5 and 11, as well as to young and mature readers. Anyone willing to enjoy reading a fascinating novel should try this one. 

Where Joy is Born
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Charles Ashinze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-ashinze.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Charles Ashinze »

Although is started with a slow pace, I find the storyline interesting. I will love to read about the adventures of the trio and all the experiences in between. I appreciate the editing of the book since no errors were found.
Ajibola Gabriel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajibola-gabriel.html
Latest Review: The Vitality System by Kyle Gonzalez

Post by Ajibola Gabriel »

I did imagine it to be a heartwarming story of transformation because of its title. However, it happens to be a different storyline! I think the title is misleading but it still sounds like a great story for kids.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I am a fan of children's books, I find them interesting to read. The McBride family seem like an interesting story and I look forward to reading it. Welldone
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Where Joy is Born sounds like an enthralling tale that will keep readers on the edge of their seats. The adventures of this trio in the book sounds intriguing. I would love to know more about these characters. Great job.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

I am a fan of children's novels, I think a lot of the reason why children go astray in life is peer pressure, and reading this review makes me I realize that. If only his friends had told him not, perhaps he would have stopped and thought. Well, I am curious to know what happens to Bryan after jumping the ditch. Great review!
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

This will be very interesting. I’m a big fan of children’s book. I’ll definitely love to read this sometimes. Will Bryan be saved from this ditch?
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

This is a children's book I'll love to read to my younger cousins and siblings.
Interesting title beautiful cover, the McBride series is wonderful
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

This book has a great moral lesson that will benefit the children and the book plot will also pique their interest.
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

Where Joy is Born" by J. R. P. MCLANE is an interesting children's book. Peer pressure is a concept that greatly affects children as they grow up. The kind of friends one has determines how well he'll suceeds in life.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This book is a captivating and thought-provoking read. The author's writing style is engaging and the storyline is compelling, drawing the reader in from the very first page. I found myself fully immersed in the characters and their struggles, and the themes explored throughout the book left me with much to reflect on long after finishing. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a great read.
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Lead-Er-Ship by William Canary

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

I love it when Children books focus tell stories of true friendship and children upholding high moral compass. Nice Review.
Jay Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

I enjoy reading children stories that can also be enjoyed by adults too. I look forward to reading about the mcbride's children and their new friends.
Maltida Jane
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maltida-jane.html
Latest Review: The Second Eve by Bette Boersma

Post by Maltida Jane »

The title of this fascinating. Children books are interesting. Adults will also enjoy them. It has a good story line
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Where is Ana Amara? by G.C. Eick

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

The title may sound intriguing, but the book delivers an adventure and friendship novel filled with the exciting escapades of the McBride children and their new friend, Elaine. It's a delightful surprise for readers.

Return to “Children's Books”