Review of Dare to Imagine:

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 334
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Awesomely Awkward Dating Tips for Beginners by Tina Kowalski

Review of Dare to Imagine:

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dare to Imagine:" by Leonard I Eckhaus.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dare To Imagine is a children's book that was written by Leonard I. Eckhaus and illustrated by Stacy Hummel. The book has two parts. One contains beautiful rhyming poems that work as lyrics for songs. The songs are available on the writer's website. The other part contains short stories, or, as the writer called them, fables. The poems are about a boy who is clumsy, the value of friendship, people who decided to be silly, and a kid who was terrified to sleep. The fables discuss more serious topics that can provide some knowledge to the children. They talk about a cat who had an accident, star formations and their nature, a dog who got lost, and a story inspired by a poem about ancient times.

Everything about this book is done perfectly. The illustrations are captivating. The colors are strong and shiny. I totally loved them. The songs are truly works of art. They are simple and enjoyable. They rhyme beautifully. I like that the writer provided the songs on his website for free. This would be fun for the children.

I didn't hate anything about the book. I was a little shocked by what happened to the cat. I would have preferred a different closure, but I guess it was meant to teach the children about the hazards they can face if they go out alone. The fables were different and educational. The story of the stars was my favorite. I liked how they found out their purpose.

The book received professional editing. I didn't see any errors going through its pages. I enjoyed it, and I believe kids and parents would enjoy it as well. Therefore, I rate the book five out of five stars.

I recommend the book to parents who want to get a book for their children that contains both fun and value.

Dare to Imagine:
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
zynnyx_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zynnyx.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by zynnyx_ »

I love that the book contains illustrations to enhance comprehension. Thanks for your review.
:D
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

This book will be an excellent read for children. I love this review, well done.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

What more do children enjoy than books that don’t just come with pictorial descriptions but also songs. This would crest a lasting impressions on the child as they wound easily forget this.

Return to “Children's Books”