Review of Pass Through the Bushes & into the Woods

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of Pass Through the Bushes & into the Woods

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pass Through the Bushes & into the Woods" by Uncle Rob.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Although Uncle Rob's Pass Through the Bushes and into the Woods is intended for children, adults will also find it entertaining. This is a very uplifting book that will leave you feeling happy and wanting to smile. It is a collection of different poems that can be comprehended with little effort.

He penned this book with the intention of assisting readers in their efforts to find relief from the stresses of everyday life. He composed this book in the form of poems in an effort to make it accessible to readers of all backgrounds and experiences. In addition to that, the author includes illustrations for each poem. The poems are primarily concerned with topics that children find enjoyable, such as saying a prayer before going to sleep, going to school, emotions, dreaming, and many more things. These poems could even teach your children something in an entertaining way if they read them.

I appreciated how relaxed I became as soon as I started reading the first poem in the collection. I like how something as straightforward as this book managed to elicit such strong positive feelings in me. I also liked that he used everyday things in his poems because that is something that children can relate to and find amusing. I think it's really helpful how he explains how to deal with bullies and fights in one of his poems. The poems in this collection titled "Dream" and "If You Could Change the World" are among my favorites from the collection. A bonus story is included at the end of this book for the reader's enjoyment, and there is also a section that provides information about the author and his future plans, where he tries to include his readers.

This book earns a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars from me because it is very simple and straightforward. This book did not have a single aspect that I did not enjoy. Even those who aren't typically good with poetry will find enjoyment and comprehension in this book, which also has the added benefit of being calming.

I would recommend this book to children as young as seven years old; however, adults will also enjoy reading it.

Pass Through the Bushes & into the Woods
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

I recently started enjoying poems, they are very soothing to read. Thank you for sharing this lovely review.

Return to “Children's Books”