Review of Edgar Allan Know and his Big Busy Brain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of Edgar Allan Know and his Big Busy Brain

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Edgar Allan Know and his Big Busy Brain" by Rahni Varieur -Davied.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Author Rahni Varieur-Davies has written an engaging and informative book for kids titled Edgar Allan Know and His Big Busy Brain. This book is for the active child who has trouble settling down. It will reassure them that they are not alone in facing this difficulty.

The habits of children with active minds are depicted in this book's illustrations. The book is meant to help kids who get frustrated with themselves because they have busy minds and to help parents understand what it's like to be them. The book's inclusion of seemingly out-of-nowhere information is meant to help the reader maintain focus, just as a child with a busy mind will suddenly switch gears to something else. The back of the book features some activities and an exercise meant to help your child calm their mind.

I appreciated that the author didn't sugarcoat the struggles a child with a busy mind might face and that the book could give such a reader a better grasp of who they are. The inclusion of seemingly unrelated facts to keep the kid interested in the book was a nice touch. The inclusion of a raven was a nice touch as well; kids tend to be animal lovers, and ravens aren't typically featured in children's literature. I think a child with a busy mind will benefit from the book's highlighted words as well. This book is great because it includes a relaxation technique to help your child calm down when their mind is racing. The illustrations were fantastic, and they caught my attention just as they would a child's.

This book deserves 5 out of 5 stars because it is informative, can aid a child with a busy mind, and can aid parents in teaching their children to master skills such as riding a bike without training wheels. In fact, I couldn't find a single thing to complain about in this book. The book seems to have been professionally edited and is very interesting and simple to read. Additionally, the story's conclusion was so well-done that it could be read to children as a bedtime tale.

If you want your child to learn what it means to have a busy brain and that it's okay to have one, I highly recommend this book. If you're looking for a fun way to teach your child to quiet their mind, this is the book for you.

Edgar Allan Know and his Big Busy Brain
View: on Bookshelves
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Children have always a busy brains, except for sleeping time, I think. I noticed that my nephews and niece have always new ideas coming up! It's totally fine, it's completely normal. I think the illustration of this book is nice as well. Thanks for sharing your wonderful review!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Children's Books”