Review of Lirien and Her Friends Save the Magic Forest

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Review of Lirien and Her Friends Save the Magic Forest

Post by Shillah Andeso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lirien and Her Friends Save the Magic Forest" by William Bold.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The elves and the animals coexist happily in the calm and beautiful forest. The flowers and trees decorate the environment with beautiful colors. Lirien, Nym, and Eleri play along with their magic. The forest is a peaceful place for them until all these changes. The forest is no longer habitable, and the animals are afraid. Fortunately, Lirien, the leader, notices this too. She asks her fellow elves about it, and they are determined to find out what caused this. What could be happening to the forest? Join the elves in solving this unexplained mystery.

Lirien and Her Friends Save the Magic Forest by William Bold is a beautiful and short book. It is filled with beautiful illustrations. The one thing that makes them different from those in the other books is their facial expressions. They depict the emotion on each character's face. I could see when they were sad, surprised, or happy. The author portrayed the forest as a calm and peaceful place. I love the creative names of the characters and the beautiful world of magic created by William.

Reading this book made me realize the importance of teaching the younger generation about caring for the environment. It portrays what happens if the world is not taken care of. Furthermore, this is not the only topic discussed in this book. William Bold talks about the importance of teamwork and the relevance of doing the small things that make a big difference. The background of the text in this book has many lively colors. Each page opens a new world of color. This aspect adds to the beauty of the book. I did not come across any grammatical errors or typos in this book. This leads me to the conclusion that the book was exceptionally well-edited.

The ending of this book is iconic, but I wouldn't want to provide any spoilers. The end provided the most important lesson for me. By reading this book, every reader will take part in learning a significant life lesson. Despite the numerous positive aspects of the book, I encountered one negative aspect. I failed to understand which person was speaking at the book's climax. The conversation was addressed to the narrator, yet I couldn't decipher who said the words. This may confuse young readers. I hope this aspect will be corrected. Due to this, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I do not give it a lower rating because of the positive aspects and the educational content.

The length of this book makes it convenient for younger readers. I, therefore, recommend this book to those between the ages of 6 and 13 interested in environmental conservation. This will guide them in understanding the right things to do. This is also a beautiful book for those interested in elves and the world of magic.

Lirien and Her Friends Save the Magic Forest
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Marilyn Weber
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 195
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marilyn-weber.html
Latest Review: Nimue: Freeing Merlin (Barnes & Noble Edition) by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Marilyn Weber »

This book sounds delightful and one that I want to share with my grandchildren. I'm eager to discover the ending!
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds like such a cute book! Great review
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Shillah Andeso »

Marilyn Weber wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 11:09 This book sounds delightful and one that I want to share with my grandchildren. I'm eager to discover the ending!
You'll be surprised at how much they will love it. Best of luck, Marilyn.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Shillah Andeso »

Booklover Becca wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 14:10 This sounds like such a cute book! Great review
It is. You might be interested in reading it too. You'll enjoy it even as an adult.

Return to “Children's Books”