Review of The Curious Cousins and the African Elephant Expedition

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eunice Geres
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eunice-geres.html
Latest Review: Reflections by Dan Babcock

Review of The Curious Cousins and the African Elephant Expedition

Post by Eunice Geres »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Curious Cousins and the African Elephant Expedition" by Dr. Debra Ford Msc.D.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Curious Cousins and the African Elephant Expedition by Dr. Debra Ford Msc.D is a story filled with adventures and imagination. The story is about three curious cousins, Audrey Jane, Emilia Rose, and Isla Mae. They wanted to explore South Africa to meet the elephants they saw on TV. So as the night fell and it was time to go to sleep, they decided to set out on an expedition to South Africa by meeting up in their dreams. And along their exploration, the curious cousins met fascinating animals and even learned some African words.

This book is more than just a good story for children to hear. The paintings and designs are also visually stimulating for children. The colors are bright, and every page has a unique text layout and added little drawings. At first, I thought the variety of colors would be distracting, but it made the book fascinating. I can’t help but look at the details for a long time before moving on to the next page.

I also liked that parents can also learn from this book. The author has a quick guide to understanding spirituality. I personally believe that it’s a great topic to teach children because they are more attuned to their surroundings. And with the help of this book, parents can learn how to guide their children in building a connection to nature, animals, and other forms of energy.

With that said, I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. There was nothing I didn’t like about this book. It was written well and exceptionally edited. The author wrote an incredible story, and the designs and paintings are perfect for a child with an inquisitive mind. The Zulu words included in this book are also fascinating.

Parents and teachers would appreciate this book because there is even more information about the animals at the back of the book. So, if the parent’s children have a lot of questions about the animals, there are pictures and more explanations for parents to share with their children. I would recommend this to children in kindergarten and middle school.

The Curious Cousins and the African Elephant Expedition
View: on Bookshelves
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds like a great book to encourage imagination while learning at the same time. Thanks for a great review!
Natasha Kim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-kim.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Natasha Kim »

This is an interesting book for children. A fascinating adventure-filled book of nature with pictorial illustrations that's captivating. I'll love to read it to my niece, she loves nature. Thanks for your beautiful review.
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

"Quick guide to understanding spirituality" according to your review about the author's potential. Adding this book to my shelf is not negotiable. Thank for the good job.
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

This is an interesting book and children would love to try out this book. This is a good book

Return to “Children's Books”