Review of Mylo Finds A Friend

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: My Life's Stirring Adventures by Tom Leech

Review of Mylo Finds A Friend

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mylo Finds A Friend" by Gale Riding.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Mylo Finds A Friend by Gale Riding is a cute children's book that tells the story of a green little moose called Mylo. Mylo was born green, unlike other moose. He spent his first days with his lovely mom, who taught him everything. Then, it was time to go out and meet others. Other animals didn't accept Mylo's different color and didn't want to talk to or play with him. He felt sad and went on a search to know what was going on. One day, Mylo's life changed. You can get this cute book to know what happened.

The book is adorable, and I like everything about it. The author uses short sentences that mostly rhyme, which will be very appealing to young children. Also, the story has a lot to offer. It teaches children about differences and acceptance. The children can also learn about many animals and become familiar with them. It talks about the value of friendship. It also refers to apologizing when you make a mistake and accepting apologies when someone offers them to you. The illustrations were very nice, and the choice of colors was admirable. They gave this book a soft and calm mood.

I hate nothing about the book. These days, many people are being bullied. Also, many parents are surprised that their children are bullies. This book helps deliver the message to children at a young age. They should learn that people are all the same.

The book was well-written and had a nice vibe. It received professional editing. I didn't notice any errors in the book. Therefore, I rate it five out of five stars.

I recommend the book to all parents who want to entertain their kids with a fun and educational story. It's suitable for younger kids because it's short and simple. Parents can read this to the children and follow it with a lot of fruitful discussions.

Mylo Finds A Friend
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

This book has valuable lessons. It teaches children the importance of acceptance and the effects of bullying. Great book.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

Children will definitely enjoy the rhyming words. This book has important lessons too.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

This is a really nice review, thank you. I have been checking for a book for my little niece, and I wasn’t sure which one to choose. I may try this one! Good job!

Return to “Children's Books”