Review of There's a Circus at Farmer Franks!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of There's a Circus at Farmer Franks!

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "There's a Circus at Farmer Franks!" by T. A. Kuepper.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Adventures of Archie Artichoke Book Four: There Is a Circus at Farmer Frank's! by T.A. Kuepper. Archie and his friends went to Farmer Frank's aid after a devastating storm destroyed his farm, taking with it his home and barn. They were on their way to town to help people who might need their help after the devastating storm when they came across a group of traveling clowns looking to set up their circus. Frank, the farmer, suggested they set up their circus on his farm. Read this book to find out what happens next.

Since this book is intended for young readers, the author wisely divided it into chapters so that it can be read over the course of several days because of its length. In addition, they have included a website where you can access the audio for the series' songs and download coloring pages featuring your kids' favorite veggie characters. The pictures were fun, and I think kids will like them. The book teaches kids not to make fun of other people's fears and helps them deal with them, as well as many other difficult situations. Inspiring references are included in the book as well.

What I like most about this book is that it was written with the goal of easing children's fears and easing their trauma after experiencing the loss of a home as a result of a natural disaster or other misfortunes. Before getting into the story, the book introduces all of Artichokes' friends and shows pictures of most of them. The way the book and Archie and his friends dealt with Rhonda's search for the sun were both very endearing to me. The author's vivid description of the circus piqued my interest in the book, and I couldn't wait to learn more about the circus's exciting performances. The atmosphere of the circus was also brilliantly portrayed.

I gave this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars because it is so engaging and because it includes a website where parents can download colorable pictures and songs that children can enjoy when not reading the book. If your family has lost their home in a natural disaster, this book is a great resource for your children to deal with the tragedy. This book has clearly been edited by professionals, as I found very few mistakes throughout. The book is entertaining and straightforward, making it a good choice for young readers.

The books in this series were written with parents reading to children in mind, but kids aged 6 to 9 can enjoy them independently, too. As a result, I think children under the age of nine will enjoy this book.

There's a Circus at Farmer Franks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Stephanie Stones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonchika.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Stephanie Stones »

This is an interesting and well thought of review. I would love to try out this book and know more about the fascinating things in it. This is an interesting storyline.
Adeoluwa Adebusuyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeoluwa-adebusuyi.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Adeoluwa Adebusuyi »

This is a good and well written review. You captured all the important components of the book and I would definitely love to try out this book. Well done.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

This book is a brilliant one because it showed how uneasy it is to lose a home and how it affects someone. I enjoyed reading this review. Keep it up.

Return to “Children's Books”