Review of Timmy and Tonie Play Outside

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: My Hope for Racial Harmony In America by Richard Gordon

Review of Timmy and Tonie Play Outside

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Timmy and Tonie Play Outside" by William J. Manion.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A children's book authored by William Manion is titled "Timmy and Tonie Play Outside." This is the perfect book to show your child what they are missing out on by not going outside. The unfathomable number of ways in which they can have fun without being confined to the four walls of their home with their electronic devices but instead using their imaginations when going outside.

This book was written to encourage children to spend more time playing outside rather than being glued to their screens all day long. It even suggests things that they can do outside that might be more entertaining than hanging out on their phones. Even more so, it inspires children to make use of their imaginations. The illustrations are also delightfully whimsical and vibrant, and young readers will adore them.

I thought this book did a good job of illustrating some fun activities that kids could do outside. It is to the children's benefit that they are also reminded to exercise caution and get their parents' approval before engaging in any activity that may land them in trouble or cause them physical harm.

This book receives the highest possible rating of 5 out of 5 stars from me because I adored every aspect of it. This is the ideal book for encouraging your child to spend more time outside. If you are still having trouble convincing your child to go outside, your participation in the activity will nudge them to go outside as well. There was not a single aspect of this book that I did not enjoy. Since I couldn't find any errors in the book, it must have been edited by a professional.

I think that young children who are constantly on their electronic devices would benefit from reading this book. It is also a wonderful book for children who enjoy being outside and would like fresh ideas on what to do when they are outside.

Timmy and Tonie Play Outside
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Being glued all day to gadgets is stressful, and for children, it is very draining and unhealthy. Playing outside is fun and exciting. They will learn to execute their skills in discovery and planning. Besides, it is an exercise for them. Sweat is good.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Gershom Rwamwirima
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gershom Rwamwirima »

Whereas here in Africa gudgets are owned by a smaller number of children, what relieves me is the fact that the book encourages outdoor games and use of imagination which our children do and enjoy doing. I would find it fun reading for my kids in order for them to pick new ideas and games they could play.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

This is an interesting and well thought of book. This is also an interesting and well-written review. This is also a book that I would definitely love to try out. Thank you for this wonderful review.

Return to “Children's Books”