Review of The Smitten Kitten Strikes Again

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of The Smitten Kitten Strikes Again

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Smitten Kitten Strikes Again" by Sherri Eri.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Children will enjoy reading Sherri Eri's book, titled The Smitten Kitten Strikes Again. This book tells a sweet story about a young kitten's desire to make a friend out of a baby lizard he meets. When Chill the kitten saw that both his mother and her baby lizard were frightened of him, he became devastated and ran away. After that, he heard cries, and he immediately understood that they were in danger. Will Chill rescue them? Or is he going to make an effort to only save himself?

The illustrations are extremely vivid and vibrant, which makes them an excellent choice for capturing the attention of a child. A child can use their imagination to try to find a solution to a problem with the help of this story. In addition, it teaches the child a few valuable lessons. This book demonstrates the value of friendship and bravery.

The fact that the summary of the book came right before the actual story was very unpleasant to me. This led to a great deal of confusion, and I initially believed that it was the beginning of the story. To my knowledge, this does not appear at the beginning of the book but rather at the back of it. In addition to that, the description was riddled with typos, which made it very difficult to read. Because of this, there are going to be some customers who decide not to purchase it because it is the very first thing they see.

I thought it was really clever how they explained what the author meant by using a second umbrella in the illustrations. I adored the illustrations as well, particularly how magnified they were and how well suited they were for children. I liked that this book educates the reader about lizards and their tails when they are in danger.

I give this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars because there were no problems with the story itself, just the description before the story began. The story's depiction of friendship, bravery, and life lessons were some of my favorites. It was obvious that it was professionally edited because there were no mistakes.

I would highly recommend this book to young readers who are just beginning the experience of reading and who enjoy vivid illustrations and a narrative that centers on a wonderful friendship.

The Smitten Kitten Strikes Again
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I think there's a beautiful friendship after this story. I think Chill will be a friend to the lizards. I enjoyed your review. It's outstanding!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Children's Books”