Review of Children Who Dance in the Rain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
David Chijindu
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Play Golf Better Faster Handbook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-chijindu.html
Latest Review: Finding Our True Identity by Honey Dee

Review of Children Who Dance in the Rain

Post by David Chijindu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Children Who Dance in the Rain" by Susan Justice.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Contentment is a unique gift from God. When we are satisfied with what we have, we do not complain. A person who is satisfied with whatever they have is always grateful and shares what they have so others can live a better life like them. This book teaches kids the value of contentment, sharing, gratitude and giving.

Children Who Dance in the Rain by Susan Justice is a book on the life of Sophie. Sophie was a young girl who lived with her parents. She was a privileged child because her parents could take care of her. Sophie's parents told her she would be going to India to visit her grandmother. She discovered that living in India was different from her home country when she arrived. There was no electricity, and children lived in mud houses. Sophie meets Nanaki, a girl who lives in India. Nanaki sells plastic to provide food for her younger brother. Sophie was touched by Nanaki's story and became grateful for what God provided for her through her parents.

I like some aspects of the book. The author adds different pictures to the book. It was helpful because a reader would be entertained reading the book. The author adds 26 images to the book. The book teaches kids many moral lessons, such as sharing, contentment, gratitude, and giving back to society. My favourite part was when Sophie helped develop medical services in India after becoming a medical doctor. It taught me the importance of giving back to society when we become successful. Sophie helps the healthcare sector in India.

My only dislike is that I would have preferred that the book included numbered pages. However, this did not detract from my overall enjoyment of the book.

The book teaches kids good moral lessons. We must help people with our money, food and time. There is a reward for anything we give. Contentment is an important lesson in the book. We must be satisfied with what we have. I found no error in the book, so it is exceptionally well-edited. Due to the aspects of the book I like, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it to kids who want to read a book on the importance of giving, contentment and gratitude.

Children Who Dance in the Rain
View: on Bookshelves
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

This book teaches critical values that we all must learn, especially kids. Love this!
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Bones In The Alley by Viterose E Van Huis

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

A book that teaches about the value of contentment? A very nice initiative from the writer I must say.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

Having books that encourage children to understand the importance of helping those less fortunate helps them to navigate adulthood with a clearer understanding of right and wrong. I am all in favour for books that encourage kindness from an early age.
Book owly
Favorite Book: The Raven Boys
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arakhsh-qanit.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Book owly »

I really chose to read this review because of its name. And turns out the review got me even more. It carries a good message especially for children. I will surely give it a try. Thank you for the review!
Shironfeny
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shironfeny »

Well if the topic is learning dance, I can surely recommend you the best one in the business for sure.
www[dot]dancekidjoy[dot]com

Return to “Children's Books”