Review of Pogpog and the Magic Grapes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of Pogpog and the Magic Grapes

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pogpog and the Magic Grapes" by Ebba Kay.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book for children was written by Ebba Kay and titled Pogpog and the Magic Grapes. In this book, the reader accompanies Pogpog on his journey to being a well-mannered pig who is always trying to do the right thing and encourages others to do the same.

Pogpog is used throughout this book to illustrate many activities that other children do not enjoy. A child who reads this book will learn that they can choose to do something else instead of complying with whatever it is that their mother is requesting at the moment. Additionally, the illustrator makes use of color to call attention to the name of the main character on each page.

I thought the illustrations were wonderful; not only were they vibrant, but they also drew the reader's attention. I like that this book offers a child the option of doing something helpful rather than doing nothing at all, which is a choice that I think is very important. I enjoyed the fact that the book encourages children to tell the truth. I absolutely adore it when they put a little bit of magic into children's books.

I give this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars because the illustrations are sure to capture the attention of any young reader. In addition, children can learn important life lessons from reading this book. There was also nothing about the book that I found unappealing. The fact that I could only find one mistake leads me to believe the book was professionally edited. The book is simple to read and comprehend in its entirety.

I would like to recommend this book to parents and encourage them to read it to their children so that their kids can enjoyably absorb the life lessons that this book has to offer.

Pogpog and the Magic Grapes
View: on Bookshelves
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

It's good that kids be taught to do something, like chores rather than doing nothing at all. While they play, they also have small tasks to do each day. I like to read this book to my niece. Your review is lovely!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Seetha E
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Now or Never
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Seetha E »

Children's books seldom leaves the reader unsatisfied. There is always an important message delivered as sweetly as possible. Appreciate your detailed review :)
Seetha E
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Now or Never
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Seetha E »

Children's books seldom leaves the reader unsatisfied. There is always an important message delivered as sweetly as possible. Appreciate your detailed review :)

Return to “Children's Books”