Review of The Door in the Wall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of The Door in the Wall

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Door in the Wall" by Beverley A Elliott.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Children will enjoy reading The Door in the Wall, written by Beverley A Elliott. The main character of this book is a young girl who often finds herself standing in front of doors in her dreams. When she enters this door, she discovers a magical land filled with creatures that are beyond her wildest imaginings. She becomes friends with MollyMalloop and Top-Hatter Frog and embarks on adventures with them to meet new friends.

The illustrations in this book are very colorful and attention-grabbing. This book is also written in rhyme, which makes it very engaging for children and helps them keep their attention while reading it. My impression is that your child's imagination will be stimulated by reading this book. This book, too, is broken up into three parts, and at the beginning of each one, she finds herself back in her dream, where she is once again in front of the door and introduced to new strange creatures.

The author's use of light colors in the background, which helped the primary subject stand out, is something that I really appreciated. I liked the story overall because it offers something unique, and I liked following the little girl's dream journeys through the door into a world filled with imagination. I liked how, despite their differences, she was able to form friendships with the various creatures, and I liked how they shared snacks.

This book gets 5 out of 5 stars from me because, in my opinion, it is a colorful, imaginative, and engaging book bound to capture a child's attention. I also did not find anything to dislike about the book. Because I couldn't find any mistakes, I can only assume that the book was professionally edited.

Children who have vivid imaginations are ideal readers for this book because it is filled with illustrations of fascinating creatures.

The Door in the Wall
View: on Bookshelves
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Uncharted Desires by Jillian Sharp
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Laney K »

The use of color in this book sounds quite nice. Thanks for the informative review!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

MollyMalloop and Top-hatter Frog seemed enjoyable to be with. Who is this young girl? I'd like to know her name. Your review is lovely!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

This is an interesting and well thought of book. This is also an interesting and well-written review. This is also a book that I would definitely love to try out. Thank you for this wonderful review.
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

This is a beautiful book and children would really enjoy this book. This is an interesting review.

Return to “Children's Books”