Review of The Noble Adventures of Beryl and Carol

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Re: Review of The Noble Adventures of Beryl and Carol

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

"The Nobel Adventures of Beryl and Carol" is an enlightening children's book that encourages great virtues in children. Congrats on BOTD. Nice review.
Ashley Mundondo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ashley Mundondo »

I liked the sample of the book . You can just tell that it's a good book for children that adults can also enjoy. There's a lot to learn from this book.
odlanra
Favorite Book: Carbynarah Chronicles
Currently Reading: All In Divine Order
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odlanra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by odlanra »

Would I like the book? I would be torn between an adult's belief that things are not so simple and the resulting disbelief (and perhaps dislike), and my innate nature to gulp down anything that can be read. The review pointed out the simple characteristics of the book starting from the title. I do hope that stumbling into something spectacular, dangerous villains, the search for truth, and the adventure of the treasure hunt are not so simple. But I would still like such stories, nonetheless. I would be engrossed in their fight against their bullies. While the revenge aspect of the story may not be in line with good virtues, I would be emotionally drawn into the concept of justice and standing up and defending oneself. And yes, I could give and teach the story to the young and much younger generation.
Emmanuel Abiodun Olutayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Emmanuel Abiodun Olutayo »

This book promotes more good virtues than bad ones. The revenge theme can be worked upon in a way that will make the target audience steer clear of it. Congrats on BOTD. Awesome review.
Minslet A Avagalwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-minslet-a-avagalwa.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by Minslet A Avagalwa »

The Noble Adventures of Beryl and Carol by Jeremy Sherr sounds like a great book especially for children. It's educative to them because from it they can learn how to balance play and study.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

This sounds like a great book for young children. It may very well be the book that gets them interested in reading. I think Beryl and Carol's adventures sound fun! Well done on a great review!
Rose Nafula Oketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Ice Dance by Vik Azeem

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

When children take part in adventure, it becomes one of the happy memories in their lives they will never forget. The Noble Adventures of Beryl and Carol is a good book for children to read. The book captures good virtues that children should learn and emulate. Congratulations BOTD!
Latest Review: Ice Dance by Vik Azeem
hugsforkoo
Favorite Book: The Scottish Boy
Currently Reading: Death on the Nile
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by hugsforkoo »

Cannot wait to give this a read! the review is wonderful and has piqued my interest. will also be reading this to my baby cousin for sure because I love picking out books for him!
Kedogo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kedogo »

The fact that the book talks about the most important virtues that the children can learn from i.e braver, resilience and all that it's a book that I can recommend for someone to buy for his/her children. Nice review on the book
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

I adore reading adventures. I'm finally seeing a nice narrative after a long time. I can relate to all the feelings the girls in that book convey. Each character's role has been given by the author good expressiveness. I appreciate the review.
Shafia _Fariha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Shafia _Fariha »

This was very interesting topic and also children was the most benefited from it .. this was to perfect that anybody would love to read it.
Sargam Talreja
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Way of the Goddess
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sargam-talreja.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Sargam Talreja »

The book's theme carries powerful messages and imparts important virtues to children, emphasizing the delicate balance between education and leisure.As a parent, I believe instilling such values is essential, always accompanied by proper guidance and a nuanced understanding, while steering clear of revenge-related elements. Excellent review.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

The Noble Adventures of Beryl and Carol seems like a great children's book. Children can learn about important virtues they should emulate in their lives. I like that the book is simple for children to understand and that it has good illustrations.
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

The book's simplicity in title and language is commendable, aiding young readers' understanding. The hand-drawn illustrations add inspiration, while the book imparts valuable virtues. Congrats on BOTD.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This seems like an interesting children's book about the 2 young girls' adventures into the forest and what they find there. It seems like there is a lot children can learn from this book. Thanks for a great review, and congrats to the author on BOTD!

Return to “Children's Books”