Review of Felix and Eagle Imagine

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of Felix and Eagle Imagine

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Felix and Eagle Imagine" by Willie Thomas.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The children's book Felix and Eagle Imagine was written by Willie Thomas. Felix, a young boy who dreams of becoming a knight and saving lives while embarking on daring missions to save lives with his friend Eagle, a green cat who secretly aspires to become a bat.

The illustrations in this book are very detailed and colourful. Your child's creativity will flourish as they follow Felix on his exciting adventures. The book is written in rhymes and the pictures are illustrated like a comic book with a lot of action, which many kids will find entertaining and will help keep their attention throughout.

I enjoyed the book because I believe it will make a child feel like maybe they could be anything they wanted to be. A child's worldview will expand even further and the possibilities will seem limitless with how the author has written this book. The comic book format and the illustrator's depiction of the cat were also highlights for me. The book's emphasis on creative play is a nice touch.

I believe playing with a pet is the only natural next step for a child after finishing a book. There's a chance they'll imagine them as a flying creature when they're not. If you have a child, please have a talk with them so that they don't try to make your pet "fly" by throwing it off a tree or other high object. It also created confusion when the story seemed to start in the middle of nowhere, and I would have appreciated a clearer introduction to the plot.

Despite my minor complaints, I gave this book a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars because the story itself was excellent. I think this book would be a great addition to a child's library as long as the parents take the time to have a conversation with their child about the pet issue. The absence of any errors leads me to believe it has been professionally edited.

A young reader who understands the appropriate and inappropriate ways to interact with a pet while going on imaginative adventures around the house and garden will enjoy this book. This book is also for children who like to daydream about adventures or enjoy stories with action.

Felix and Eagle Imagine
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Souvik Das 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Souvik Das 2 »

Yeah, I think this book is very much enjoyable for kids. As a young reader, or may it his/her first book he/she never disappointed.
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Chris Agbara »

Thank you for your thoughtful review of the children's book Felix and Eagle Imagine. I completely agree with your assessment of the book's illustrations - they are both detailed and colorful, making for a visually appealing reading experience for children. The use of rhymes and comic book-style illustrations is also an effective way to keep young readers engaged and entertained.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I trust the intended audience will enjoy this book. It looks bright, colorful and fun
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

This is a cute and beautiful book that children would love to read. I really like your review.
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

This book caught my attention immediately by the cover art. I am glad the book was enjoyable for children. I found the paragraph about your minor dislikes exceptionally relatable, and I agree parents should have these conversations with their children.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Return to “Children's Books”