Review of Whinny Makes New Friends

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of Whinny Makes New Friends

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Whinny Makes New Friends" by Julia Pierce and Mike Pierce Co -Author & Illustrator.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This is a book for children titled Whinny Makes New Friends and it was written by Julia Pierce and Mike Pierce. Accompany Whinny as he bids farewell to his former friends and neighbours in his hometown. Now that he is fully grown, his mother has always wanted him to live closer to the rest of his family. Even though he was sad about this, the reader goes on an adventure with him in which he meets new friends and goes to different places.

The reader can see that the illustrations were sketched, and I believe that what is presented is very clear and that it will still attract the child's attention. Children will find it easier to handle challenging social situations after reading this book.

I believe that this is an excellent book that can assist your child in going to new places and making new friends, which is especially helpful if your child moves around a lot. The landscapes were my favourite when it came to the illustrations, despite the fact that I thought some of the illustrations were missing a background to make them look more complete. Because so many kids are fascinated by horses, I thought it was brilliant that the main character was a horse.

There is a possibility that the illustrations in this book will captivate children; however, some parents are more likely to purchase a book for their child that looks more compelling.

This book earns 4 out of 5 stars from me. Because I feel that the illustrations could have been more compelling, I have deducted one point for that reason. The fact that the story can help many children who can relate to Whinny in similar situations is something that I really appreciated about it.

Children who are going through a tough time, who have a passion for horses, or who just need a little push to make new friends when they are in an unfamiliar environment would benefit from reading this book.

Whinny Makes New Friends
View: on Bookshelves
Giovana Arévalo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giovana-ar-valo.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Giovana Arévalo »

How lovely this sound. I'm sure kids will find solace in this book and it'll teach them to cope with hardship. The power of literature is infinite and children must experience it from a very young age.

Thank you for the review!
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

Children who love horses would love to read stories about them and this makes the book even more interesting.
Joy Enny
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-enny.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Joy Enny »

This is a valid subject that needs to be addressed. I hope many children get to read this book.

Return to “Children's Books”