Review of My Cat Fred Wears a Skirt

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: 30 Fantastic Bedtime Stories for Kids by Arcelio Hernández Mussio

Review of My Cat Fred Wears a Skirt

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Cat Fred Wears a Skirt" by Katrina Gidstedt.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A children's book titled My Cat Fred Wears a Skirt was written by Katrina W. Gidstedt and her sister, Emelie H.R. Gidstedt. Ted, the main character of this book, owns a boy cat who wears a skirt, which one woman finds odd, and Ted isn't sure how to handle the situation. Find out more by reading the book.

A child's attention will be held by the vibrant illustrations. The child being read to is unlikely to lose interest in the book, even if they have a short attention span, because there are short sentences on each page. This book also demonstrates that people can embrace diversity. Additionally, it shows that not everyone is accepting of it.

I liked how the colourful illustrations will be able to keep a child's attention throughout the story. The book's ability to help a young reader understand that it's okay to be out of the norm and want unusual things was another plus for me. It was interesting to see how the authors of this book approached the subject at hand and how they used the relationship between a child and a cat to illustrate their message.

There was nothing about the book that I disliked at all. I think many kids who are having a hard time loving and accepting themselves because of who they are will find comfort in this book.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars because it is excellent for helping kids understand that other people's perspectives and experiences are valid and important. I think the book will hold your child's interest because of the pictures and the simple language. This book has been expertly edited; I encountered zero mistakes while reading it.

I recommend this book for kids who feel different or have trouble accepting kids who are different from them.

My Cat Fred Wears a Skirt
View: on Bookshelves
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Chris Agbara »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this book. I appreciate your concise summary of the book's plot and how it teaches children about embracing diversity. I will get it for my kids.

I also liked how you emphasized the importance of the book's colourful illustrations in captivating a child's attention and how it helps young readers understand the significance of accepting themselves and others who are different from them. Your observation that the book was well-written and expertly edited also adds to the book's credibility.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
sattarsah1403
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by sattarsah1403 »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this book. I appreciate your concise summary of the book's plot and how it teaches children about embracing diversity. I will get it for my kids.
maria chibukhchian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by maria chibukhchian »

Thanks for this book!
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Survivor's Eyes by Chris Ekral

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

I also appreciated how you highlighted the significance of captivating a child's attention through visual elements in the book.
holywriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holywriter.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by holywriter »

Great review! I appreciate how you highlighted the vibrant illustrations and their ability to hold a child's attention throughout the story.

Your comment about the book helping young readers understand that it's okay to be different is spot on! It's an important message for kids to learn.
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

A book with a funny name but colourful illustrations and I would love to check out this book.

Return to “Children's Books”