Review of How I Became a Superhero

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Khushi Yadav 8
Favorite Book: The Unfakeable Code®
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushi-yadav-8.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 14%

Re: Review of How I Became a Superhero

Post by Khushi Yadav 8 »

How I became a superhero, for every child their father is their first hero. And walking in his footstep is something every Child had dreamt of. Atleast once in their life. This book shows the effects of family on Child's brain and what is important to give a good environment to child.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book is a delightful and heartwarming tale that follows a young girl's journey of aspiring to become a hero like her father. What sets this book apart is its creative incorporation of Jesus into the story, offering children a unique and thoughtful perspective on faith. Nice review.
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

I admire the concept of this children's book, teaching Jesus to children in a creative way. The young girl who is the main character wishes to become a superhero like the factor. What a father whose lifestyle was exemplary! Congrats on the book of the day and a nice review.
Dominic Emezuru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Dominic Emezuru »

Your highlight of the young girl's aspiration to become a hero just like her father is absolutely heartwarming. It instantly piques my curiosity about how this precious father-daughter relationship is depicted and the role it plays in exploring larger themes of heroism and upholding admirable family values. The idea of a child looking up to a parent's acts of courage and selflessness with such reverence is both endearing and thought-provoking. I can't wait to witness how their bond shapes her journey and understanding of what truly makes someone a hero worthy of emulation. Such an emotionally resonant dynamic examining heroism through a family lens sounds like it will make for a poignant, impactful read.
Renu Jain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-jain.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Renu Jain »

"How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier is a charming children's book with a Christian foundation, depicting a young girl's path to faith.Guided by her father, she learns the importance of surrendering to Jesus and discovers "superpowers" through the Holy Spirit.A touching story for both children and parents!
Malleswararao Dasari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: At Vitoria by Marcia Riman Selz

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

The review highlighted the captivating illustrations and how the story kicks off with a bang. It also mentioned the emphasis on qualities of a loving father, which sounds heartwarming. And hey, throwing in some teachings about Jesus in a creative manner? Sounds like a refreshing take on a superhero tale!
Renu Jain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-jain.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Renu Jain »

How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier is a charming children's book with a Christian foundation, depicting a young girl's path to faith.Guided by her father, she learns the importance of surrendering to Jesus and discovers "superpowers" through the Holy Spirit.A touching story for both children and parents!
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

I like that the story teaches children about the traits of a superhero through the eyes of a young girl and her father. I also like it teaches children about our creator, Jesus. Thanks for the review.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

This is a story about a young girl who wanted to become a hero just like her father; it is a perfect representation of how children see their parents and a reminder for parents to always set a good example for their children. Thanks for the review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

What a creative children's Christian book! I don't mind reading about the young girl trying to be a superhero. I also don't mind viewing the beautiful illustrations in the book, starting with its cover.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

"How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier offers children an engaging twist on the classic superhero tale, following a young girl inspired by her father's heroism. With captivating illustrations and a compelling storyline, the book not only celebrates the qualities of a loving father but also introduces the reader to the character of Jesus in a creative and meaningful way. Through its heartwarming narrative, the book serves as a gentle reminder to parents about the influence they have on their children and encourages them to be mindful of their actions and values they impart, including their faith.
Candice Kruger 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Candice Kruger 1 »

As a practitioner, I was amazed at the way she bought Christianity into play. It is always a sensitive topic in our schools and I truly think that many children are going to see the true meaning of Christianity from this book. Well done!
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 86250
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1383%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

kids book when we follow jesus we become superheroes i will recommend it to kids easy read , well illustrated with beautiful pictures for kids

Return to “Children's Books”