Review of How I Became a Superhero

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmanuel Chidozie 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Review of How I Became a Superhero

Post by Emmanuel Chidozie 2 »

I would recommend kids to read this book it's a 10 out of 10 for me it really does teach about Jesus to little kids
Naushin Moledina
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

"How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier offers a delightful take on the superhero genre, with a young girl aspiring to follow her father's heroic footsteps. Through captivating illustrations and storytelling, the book introduces readers to the qualities of a loving father and creatively teaches about Jesus. With a charming narrative and flawless editing, it receives 5 out of 5 stars, recommended for Christian children who admire comic book heroes and look up to their fathers as role models. This is a very informative and honest review. Thank you.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Brittany J Morris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-j-morris.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Brittany J Morris »

I appreciate you pointing out how important parents are to their kids. I thought the world of my dad even though he was not a great person. Father's make such a huge difference. I am not a Christian, but I appreciate the way Christianity was introduced in this book.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Damian Keyes »

Any children’s book that both entertains and informs our youth is alright with me. Some people may not like the religious aspect of the book but I think it’s a good way for religious parents to introduce Jesus to their kids. I cannot wait to read this.
Ldcassity
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Ldcassity »

How I Became a Superhero By Chelsea Dozier review makes the book sound like a cute story where Dads are superheros to there children and are looked up too?
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier is a heartwarming Christian-based children's book that follows the journey of a little girl who discovers the power of faith in Jesus. With captivating illustrations and a creative narrative, this book teaches important lessons about faith and spirituality in a charming and delightful way.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

I found Chelsea Dozier's "How I Became a Superhero" review pretty cool. It's awesome how the main character wants to be like her dad, a superhero. Plus, learning about Jesus in a superhero story is unique and clever. The illustrations and story start really grab attention.
Krebs Karen
Currently Reading: The Fish House
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krebs-karen.html
Latest Review: Searching for Zen by Albert T. Franklin

Post by Krebs Karen »

This book looks like a very interesting book. It's about a young girl who is open to new things..it's also a Christian book. Congrats to the author on being book of the day!
Termi Adeniyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-termi-adeniyi.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Termi Adeniyi »

'How I Became A Superhero' is an excellent book that is well crafted in easy-t-understand language. Children will find it fun as it increases their level of imagination. Adults can find it eye-opening too

Ridgelee's parents consistent devotion to the things of God was a light in her journey of faith. Her father's demonstration of the Spirit power gave her the desire to want to be a superhero'.

Her father's mentorship helped her greatly in possessing the 'superpowers' and using them in her relationship with Jesus.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3059
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is amazing. It is true, for sure, that children always look up to their parents, and thus I am glad the main character in the story saw her father as a superhero. This is a nice Easter Holiday story, as it is about Jesus at end of the day. It reminds me of one of Apostle Paul's messages for the recipients of his letter to follow him as he followed Jesus Christ. Many thanks for the informative review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

The book conveys a positive message. It is great that the little girl thinks of her dad as a superhero! Thanks for the awesome review!
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

It must be pretty cool to admire your dad as your hero. If you really feel strongly about it you and your mom can get together and write about it to show others how to have a positive and respectful perspective on your dad. They may start looking for ways to admire their own dads. So that’s what happened and the result is : "How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier! Even better, it turns out that your dad’s boss is God so he has a pretty grand role model and it is no wonder your dad is a hero! I have to state that I really think your mom is way cool too!
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

A young girl who once dreamed of becoming a superhero like her dad. She used to watch him do her superhero awesomeness and then practice on her own, hoping one day she could make a difference in the world just like him. This book describes the characteristics of a loving father. I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars. 
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: Rem's Chance by Dave J. Andrae

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

The book is unique with its faith theme and the spiritual power of God as the main characters of the classic form of superheroes' story. It stresses the significance of the spiritual power that comes inside us and the capability of guiding from the inner compass to have a positive effect on the world.
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajain12 »

"How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier offers a heartwarming tale of heroism and family bonds, seamlessly blending elements of faith and comic book adventures. Highly recommended for Christian children.

Return to “Children's Books”