Review of How I Became a Superhero

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anna Mathew 6
Currently Reading: Developing Resilience
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-mathew-6.html
Latest Review: The War of the Cha'cict by Terrence E. Scott

Re: Review of How I Became a Superhero

Post by Anna Mathew 6 »

How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier. An interesting children's book, talks about a young girl who has been inspired by her father to become a super hero like him. This book teaches fathers to participate fully in their children's life. They look up parents and they see their parents as representative of Jesus here on earth. By Anna Mathew
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

Yes, based on the review, it appears to be a helpful review that provides positive feedback about the book. The review is sufficient and highlights the book's appealing aspects. It has the potential to motivate readers to purchase the book, particularly Christian children who enjoy comic book heroes and have a father as a role model. From the reviewer's perspective, the book seems like a good addition to anyone's library.
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by MoeBrown »

I have been reading a ton of books aimed at children although they have been mostly religious. They still were great reads and this was much of the same; really good. The review was great as well.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

The review offered valuable insights. I was not expecting the Christianity from the book's cover. This book is meant to educate both parents and children. I'm not Christian, so this book is obviously not for me. But I would still consider my father as a superhero for our family. Thank you for a nice review.
Michael Chris 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Michael Chris 2 »

It's a Childers supportive and motivating them towards to the good way by their beloved father. The author melted the readers by appreciating the role of father's in every child's life and how they become the role model, which enthusiastic the readers.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

The book is very interesting and I really appreciate the effort of the reviewer who's just pointed out,many important points in the book.i highly recommend it for the children who are eager to get to know how it goes on with their responsible father's.Thanks for this insight full topic.
Ram Sahni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-sahni.html
Latest Review: WTF! The Chase by Marc Longcor

Post by Ram Sahni »

The book grandiose images is supplemented with a simple but powerful idea that tells children that being a hero means to be kind and helpful to everyone and to be self-confident. Congrats on #BOTD
sanjeev maurya
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Fresh Beginnings by Leela Dutt

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier. Your review has certainly piqued my interest in the book, especially with its focus on a young girl aspiring to be like her father, a hero, and the creative incorporation of Jesus into the story.

The emphasis on the characteristics of a loving father and the reminder to parents about the impact they have on their children's lives resonates deeply. It's heartening to see books that not only entertain but also impart valuable lessons and insights.

Your description of the book as charming and heartwarming, along with the 5-star rating, speaks volumes about its quality. I appreciate your thorough review, and I'm looking forward to reading "How I Became a Superhero."
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:

Post by Silvia Sianto »

This book really inspires little children on how to become super heroes.just like the tittle of the book it depicts the qualities of a super hero.i highly recommend that children should emulate their parents on how to become heroes.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 648
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 61%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“How I Became a Superhero” by Chelsea Dozier is a children’s story and a young girl is the main character who wants to follow in her father’s footsteps and become a superhero just like him. She learns that her father’s boss is Jesus and the book teaches readers about Jesus in a very inventive way. Being a father of two daughters I always had time for them and participated in many activities with them like Indian Princess and Y.U.S. girls at the local YMCA. I know they believed I was a loving and caring father but I am not sure they thought of me as a superhero. This well-written book should be read by all children not just Christians. I firmly believe that God should exist in everyone’s life and this book explains how young children can become superheroes by giving their hearts to Jesus. They will gain courage to talk to others about Jesus and they will learn patience and love for others on a daily basis. I cannot wait to read this book to my great grandchildren.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Me Inside by Martha Miller

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD. This book is for Christian children. The girl's father is her superhero and her role model. She wants to follow his path. The book is well-edited and includes illustrations for better understanding.
Shanesha Sammerson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 237
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

Thank you for sharing your review of "How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier. It's delightful to hear how much you enjoyed the book and appreciated its themes of parental influence and faith. The way the author incorporates Jesus into the story sounds both creative and impactful. I agree that it's heartwarming to see children look up to their parents as heroes, and this book seems to capture that sentiment beautifully. Your recommendation for Christian children who admire comic book heroes is certainly compelling. Overall, it sounds like a wonderful read for families.
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis

Post by Michael Gambo »

The portrayal of a father as a superhero figure is not only endearing but also carries a profound message about the power of parental guidance. This book's blend of storytelling and spiritual themes offers a refreshing perspective, making it a standout in children's literature.
I believe in something greater than myself.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

I'm glad you highlighted the significance of parents and their influence on children. It's easy to overlook that children often emulate their parents. Excellent review.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

This catches my attention because it summarizes the life of a child who has grown to learn about Christ and feel the love of a father. Thanks for the detailed, yet precise review. Great work from the author I am happy to read it.

Return to “Children's Books”