Review of How I Became a Superhero

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh

Re: Review of How I Became a Superhero

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The combination of superhero elements and teachings about Jesus in 'How I Became a Superhero' seems like a unique and engaging premise for children. The emphasis on father-daughter relationships and the importance of positive role models adds depth to the narrative. The illustrations and storytelling approach are highlighted as particularly captivating, making it a promising read for young audiences.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Atieno Magero »

How I Become a Superhero is a great children's book. The book has a captivating storyline and illustrations that children will like. I also like that the book teaches kids about Jesus. Congratulations on making book of the day!
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Alexander Victoria »

The portrayal of a young girl aspiring to become a superhero like her father resonates with children, offering an empowering narrative for young readers to connect with.
Sarvesh J Yadav
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarvesh-j-yadav.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Sarvesh J Yadav »

She finds that the art of being a super hero is not about flying or super strength; it is about employing gifts to smoothen the intricate core of the world. Congrats on #BOTD!
Sky Revews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: Soldier to Sojourner: The Journal by Gordon R Schwerzmann

Post by Sky Revews »

With her father’s advice and the spirit that inspires her in her belief, she recognizes that her strength is everywhere when she carries the love and light inside. Congrats on #BOTD!
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 609
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

This seems like a good book for children to learn Christian values and build good character. Thank you for the review.
Sonalika Chandra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sonalika Chandra »

The book "How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier is ideal for children who enjoy superhero stories. It follows a girl who aspires to be a hero like her father and realizes that her father's boss is the most powerful of them. The book also discusses the characteristics of a loving father and the importance of being a positive role model for your children. The novel creatively teaches youngsters about Jesus and his teachings, making it an ideal book for Christian children who enjoy comic books. The artwork and the manner the story begins quickly capture the reader's interest. I enjoyed how the author included the segment about Jesus, and the faultless editing process assured that there were no mistakes in the book. I give it a complete 5 out of 5 stars and highly recommend it to all Christian children who look up to their dads as heroes.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: I'll Always Be With You by Violetta Armour

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

I resonate with your take on Chelsea viewing her dad as a hero as it shows his active participation in her life. That's why I think that dads and not only children should read this book.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

I read about this awesome book called "How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier. It's about a girl who dreams of being a superhero like her dad. She watches him do amazing superhero stuff and practices to be just like him. It's a really exciting story about determination, inspiration, and believing in yourself!
Phillip Olutosin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phillip-olutosin.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Phillip Olutosin »

How I Became a Superhero by Chelsea Dozier is about the story of a girl who aspires to be great like her father and be a superhero. The readers then learn about Jesus from them. Congratulations on BOTD.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The way the review highlights the book's creative approach to teaching about Jesus is intriguing. It shows the potential for combining entertaining storytelling with valuable life lessons, making me interested in exploring how these elements are woven into the narrative.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I like it that today's BOTD foregrounds Jesus' role in Christians' lives, especially in this Easter period. Thank you for your wonderful review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

It's heartening to see a narrative that celebrates the father-daughter relationship and underscores the importance of positive role models. In a world where father figures are sometimes overlooked, this book serves as a beautiful tribute to their impact and influence.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The review's mention of the young girl aspiring to be a hero like her father is heartwarming. It makes me curious about the father-daughter dynamic portrayed in the book and how it intertwines with themes of heroism and family values.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by grace ruhara »

Parents are very important in a child's life more than they think they are to them.

Return to “Children's Books”