Review of How I Became a Superhero

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Jake the Last by Colin Payne

Review of How I Became a Superhero

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Children will enjoy reading Chelsea Dozier's take on the superhero story, How I Became a Superhero. The main character of this book is a young girl who aspires to follow in her father's footsteps and become a hero just like him. But she had no idea that her father's boss was the most powerful of them all, and the reader learns about Jesus from her.

The reader's attention is immediately captured both by the illustrations in the book as well as the way the author began the story. This book describes the characteristics of a loving father, and it advises the reader to put these qualities into practise on a daily basis. This book also teaches your child about Jesus in a very creative way, which I thought was brilliant.

I think it's adorable when a kid thinks their dad is their hero. It gives me reason to believe that some fathers are actually participating in the lives of their children, which is something that wasn't always the case in the past. I like that this book serves as a gentle reminder to parents that their children look up to them and that they should exercise caution in everything that they say or do in front of their kids. This can also include whether you practise your faith in front of them or not.

There was not a single aspect of the book that I did not like.

Because it was charming and heartwarming, I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars. I thought it was a nice touch that the authors included the section about Jesus. Because there were no mistakes in the book, I believe that it went through a flawless editing process.

I recommend this book to Christian children who are also fans of comic book heroes and who have a father who serves as a role model for them.

How I Became a Superhero
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Leia Temple
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leia-temple.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Post by Leia Temple »

I really appreciated that you pointed out the importance of parents and their roles in children’s lives. Many tend to forget that children are a reflection of themselves and mimic what they do. Great review, Christell!
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Dads are so important to the growth and well-being of kids, at least mine was. If they also have the qualities of God and Jesus, that’s even better. Congratulations on BOTD!
Ayodeji Emmanuel 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Ayodeji Emmanuel 3 »

This book is actually great and enjoyable, every kids look up to their parents as a hero and see them as their role model, it is a reminder of what parents should show there children and what they should see them as, because kids tends to follow their parents footsteps.
Parents actions reflect in their kids life and I truly appreciate the book for making it clear
Last edited by Ayodeji Emmanuel 3 on 30 Mar 2024, 06:40, edited 1 time in total.
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The book presents the Christian faith in an imaginative way, utilizing metaphors that kids will be familiar with and understand. It looks at superpowers and superheroes from the perspective of children.
abderrahman El achari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abderrahman-el-achari.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 33
2024 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by abderrahman El achari »

The book "How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier is an educational book directed at children and parents as well. It is a book that teaches children how to become like their parents, strong and educated, on the one hand, and on the other hand, it advises parents to be careful not to make mistakes for their children to follow and look at. Good review. :techie-studyinggray:
my regards
Chitra Ayengar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitra-ayengar.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Chitra Ayengar »

Times have changed. Every father is actively participating in his daughter's life. He is the super hero in his daughter's world. This is about a young girl who aspires to become a hero just like her father. This book serves as a reminder to parents not to make mistaken in front of their children.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Homo Fix or Nix
Bookshelf Size: 411
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

How I Became a Superhero by Chelsea Dozier is a heartwarming tale that blends the thrill of superhero adventures with meaningful lessons on heroism and faith. A delightful read for children that celebrates the everyday heroes in their lives. Congratulations on being BOTD!
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

Thanks for your review, and congratulations on being BOTD! The review of "How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier is engaging and insightful. It beautifully captures the essence of the book's message and its appeal to children.
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Sabrina Ercolani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabrina-ercolani.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B09QY6J4F1
2024 Reading Goal: 105
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Sabrina Ercolani »

I love the message that this book wants to transmit, the importance of parents and could be an easy way for children to approach Christianism. The art is very cute!
Haula Aamal
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Haula Aamal »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and recommending this delightful read. Your observation about the book serving as a gentle reminder to parents about their influence and the significance of practicing faith in front of their children is insightful. It highlights the book's relevance beyond its storytelling aspect, offering valuable lessons for both children and parents. It's wonderful to hear your positive review of "How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier. The story's focus on family, faith, and the journey towards becoming a hero is indeed heartwarming and inspiring. Ridgelee's admiration for her father and her discovery of Jesus' teachings add depth to the narrative, making it both entertaining and meaningful for young readers.
Rahul Singh 29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: Born To Rise by Lorna Blake
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

It’s a story of faith, love, and the power of the Holy Spirit—a perfect read for children seeking inspiration and adventure. Congrats to the author, #BOTD!
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
sue bernadette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sue bernadette »

A lesson about ho to approach to religion is very important and this book delivers it perfectly. Providing education and fun at the same time, this book is an entertaining and educational read, perfect for young blooming minds. Congratulations, reviewer!
Kaitlin Bryant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-bryant.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Kaitlin Bryant »

I can't wait to read this sweet story to my children. You made it sound so good in your review. I think the book will serve as a fun read for kids while also teaching parents about being a good example. Thanks for such a good review and recommendation!
Nemanja Jankovic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 560
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

"How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier is a book in which the main character is a young girl who wants to become a hero just like her father. The book is superbly illustrated and teaches children about religion in a creative way.

Return to “Children's Books”