Review of How I Became a Superhero

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Steve R 1 Nimmo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steve-r-1-nimmo.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Re: Review of How I Became a Superhero

Post by Steve R 1 Nimmo »

This book seems like just the sort of inspiration that children can count on to make their lives better and succeed. It's educative for parents too who can learn a thing or two about bringing up children the right way.
shiremaiden
Currently Reading: Remembering the Future
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiremaiden.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Post by shiremaiden »

I found your review easy to read, and my congratulations for that. The pros that you highlighted is a helpful preview of what's inside.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 555
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

Most children's story books either revolve around adventures or fantasies as they prefer to read these stories. This unique book imparts lessons about Jesus along with superhero aspects.
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Is Truth Stranger Than Fiction? You Decide . . . by Jody B. Miller

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Fathers are so important to children's development. It's also great that this book teaches about Jesus. I wonder how the young girl finally became a superhero. This book will be a great read for kids; however, I don't read children's books, so I'll pass on it.
Chukwuma Igbo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chukwuma Igbo »

This book offers a kid-friendly approach to Christianity while highlighting the crucial role of fathers. Kids naturally look to their dads as examples, making the father-child relationship a reflection of their understanding of Jesus.
Marand Ashish
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marand-ashish.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Marand Ashish »

"How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier is a delightful children's book. It follows a young girl's dream of becoming a superhero like her dad. Through faith and imagination, she discovers her own superpowers.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

I love the way the fatherly love and figure were portrayed using Jesus Christ. This is a way of catching our children young. Interesting review!
Moisés Alcántara Ayre
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mois-s-alc-ntara-ayre.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Moisés Alcántara Ayre »

An amazing book targeting Christian children who will find in it a connection between the Super hero of all, God, and their own fathers; it shouldn't be forgotten that the actions and behaviors that parents display in front of their children can have such a powerful impact on their lives.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

I appreciate your thoughtful review of "How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier. Your description of the main character's journey and the incorporation of Jesus in the story is both heartwarming and insightful. It's wonderful to see books that not only entertain but also teach valuable lessons. Your recommendation is well-founded, and I'm sure many children and parents will find this book delightful.
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

I think Christian parents who want to introduce religion to their children will appreciate this book the most. It will certainly open the door to the topic and generate lots of questions. Presented in a colorful way will attract and keep most kids' interest.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Children's books that teach about religion with a superhero approach. It hits close to home because I rarely see people in my area who view their fathers as heroes. Perhaps it's also because my country is one of those with a high number of fatherless families. Despite that, I like the concept of portraying fathers as heroes. Thank you for writing this review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Singh Wolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-wolf.html
Latest Review: Ophelia by Norman Bacal
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by Singh Wolf »

I have to say that I completely agree with this review of "How I Became a Superhero" by Chelsea Dozier. The story is heartwarming and charming, and it's a great way to teach children about the qualities of a loving father. The inclusion of Jesus in the story is a creative and thoughtful touch that adds to the overall message of the book.

I also appreciate the way the book encourages parents to be mindful of their actions and words in front of their children. It's a valuable reminder that children look up to their parents and often see them as heroes.

I'm glad the reviewer found the book to be well-written and free of errors, and I agree that it's a great fit for Christian children who are fans of comic book heroes and have a strong father figure in their lives.

Overall, I think this is a wonderful book that is sure to be enjoyed by children and parents alike. It's a great way to teach important values and introduce children to the concept of Jesus in a fun and engaging way.
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

This book, in my opinion, is ideal for children who had grown up as Christians since it teaches them about Jesus and the principles that he taught about choosing the right path in an admirable and engaging way.
Great review very interesting and well-written.
Emmanuel Chidozie 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emmanuel Chidozie 2 »

Dads are so important to the growth and well-being of kids, at least mine was. If they also have the qualities of God and Jesus, that’s even better, for me my dad have always been my hero too I might say he would always love topics about Jesus to be discussed but unfortunately I lost him to the cold hands of death.
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

Congratulations to the author of this book as I read from a review by Christell Lindeque the book is heart-loving and teaches a good lesson to the Children who love reading comic books and plays a very good role in the parent's love for their children and teaches about Jesus Christ congratulations on your Botd

Return to “Children's Books”