Review of The Prince Who Lost His Pants

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of The Prince Who Lost His Pants

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Prince Who Lost His Pants" by D. F. Zaman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A children's book titled "The Prince Who Lost His Pants" by author D.F. Zaman. This book features David, who is portrayed as the most promising future monarch, and his polar opposite cousin named Septicus. He wanted David's success so badly that he mimicked David's mannerisms and speech, and the people of Britain started to love Septicus almost as much as David. When Septicus found his true love, Morgiana, they plotted to try to overthrow the king and get rid of anyone who would stand in their way.

Topics like sympathy, animosity, jealousy, and friendship are shown in this book. Some of the many strategies used to influence David or those close to him are discussed in this book. The book's simplified language and subject matter indicate it's intended for a younger readership. This book uses a children's story format to explain current political strategies and how people run countries these days.

Many people, like David's cousin Septicus, grow up to be unpleasant and negative, so I appreciate that this book addresses these issues. This book can serve as a cautionary tale to remind young readers that not everyone they meet has their best interests at heart. The author's ability to make seemingly insignificant occurrences feel like the end of the world was a skillful touch. These days, it seems like everyone on social media has an opinion about everything, so it's good that this book teaches readers not to jump to conclusions without solid evidence.

I found it annoying that some of the sentences were so long that they could be broken up into two or sometimes three separate ones. This distracted my concentration while reading. There were also pauses in the sentences that I read.

I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because it does a good job of explaining to kids why politics are the way they are today and that not everyone is honest and trustworthy. However, I was unable to give the book a perfect rating because of the number of typos and other editing mistakes I came across.

This book is great for kids who can sit down with a lengthy, descriptive read and enjoy it over the course of several days. There is a graphic scene at the book's end and some minor profanity throughout, so I would recommend this book for teenagers rather than younger children.

The Prince Who Lost His Pants
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

I like this review, it is simple yet very comprehensive. I would also like to point out that the diction used is very easy to understand.

Return to “Children's Books”