Review of Hannah Discovers The Secret Village of Tajeera

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Helen Akoth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-akoth.html
Latest Review: A Submissive Journey-Second Semester by Richard Read

Review of Hannah Discovers The Secret Village of Tajeera

Post by Helen Akoth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hannah Discovers The Secret Village of Tajeera" by Kathryn Doherty.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Hannah Discovers the Secret Village of Tajéera: The Enchanted Village That Comes Alive Every One-Hundred Years is a children's book by Kathryn Doherty. It follows the life of Hannah as she performs a selfless act of kindness. While camping with her fellow science classmates one weekend, Hannah meets a magical creature, Heréntel, who asks her for a favor. Heréntel is the watchman of the Village of Tajéera, a magical village that comes alive once every a hundred years. The village needs an act of kindness during that time to continue existing. Therefore, Heréntel chooses Hannah to do the act of kindness to keep the village's legacy and its occupants alive. The village's future now depends on her. She has to do it within 24 hours. How will it be, and what act of kindness will Hannah do?

I immensely enjoyed this book and liked how well-written it was. I liked that the author introduced Hannah's mission early enough. As a result, children's attention spans will not be overworked as they try to uncover what the story is working towards. I also liked the colorful illustrations; each page has an illustration that complements the book's content. Children will find them appealing, and they'll also get them engaged in the story. The ending was also satisfactory, tying all the loose ends and presenting life lessons to the children.

My favorite aspect of this book was the adventure. The world-building was great and will immerse children in the magical Village of Tajéera. This was enhanced by colorful illustrations accompanying the enchanted village's descriptions, a feature loved and preferred by children.

Overall, there was nothing to dislike about this book. I found no errors, indicating it was perfectly edited. Therefore, I am glad to give Hannah Discovers the Secret Village of Tajéera: The Enchanted Village That Comes Alive Every One-Hundred Years by Kathryn Doherty five out of five stars. This is a great book that teaches children the invaluable virtue of kindness.

I highly recommend it to children from the age of seven onwards who love stories based on life skills and incorporating nature, magic, and adventure. In general, fans of fairy tales will appreciate this book, their ages notwithstanding. I especially recommend it due to the kindness virtue it promotes. And finally, I can't think of anything that can make me caution anyone against it.

Hannah Discovers The Secret Village of Tajeera
View: on Bookshelves
Joy Enny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-enny.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Joy Enny »

Children always love adventure stories. I'm curious about how creative the author was in this book.
Francis Kapola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Francis Kapola »

I commend the author for using creativity to craft a book with a worthwhile message that will benefit kids.

Return to “Children's Books”