Review of Miss Bebe Comes To America

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivana Tomaš
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-toma.html
Latest Review: The 13th of Summer by Charlene Pratt

Review of Miss Bebe Comes To America

Post by Ivana Tomaš »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Miss Bebe Comes To America" by Lynda Humphrey.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Miss Bebe Comes to America by Lynda Humphrey is a children's illustrated story about a kitty named Miss Bebe and its life and journey from Mexico to America. Miss Bebe begins this book by recounting its life in the first person. Miss Bebe had a tough life in its first six months of life until it was adopted by Mom and Dad, i.e. the current owners. From that moment, Miss Bebe understood the true meaning of love and the warmth of a real home. Miss Bebe's life soon changed drastically due to Mom and Dad's decision to move from Mexico to the United States. However, location doesn't matter when you're with the people you love and who love you.

This book is a gorgeous and precious illustrated treat of a story for all cat and animal lovers, not just children. First of all, the biggest plus of this story is its linguistic duality, considering that the text is written in two languages, Spanish and English. This is an ideal book for multilingual children, especially those who speak English and Spanish. In addition, it can also be a fun tool for learning and practising one of these two languages. Furthermore, the stunning illustrations that richly adorn this entire book delighted me. Judi Nyerges, who is the illustrator of this story, really did a fantastic job and gave a special touch to the whole book. The drawings are colourful, vibrant and authentic. I particularly like the fact that they are not the usual digital illustrations but seem to be drawn by hand with watercolours or tempera. As for the plot itself, I primarily like its message. If we decide to have pets, we have to take care of them and give them all the necessary care, devotion and love. Mom and Dad from this story are very good examples of good owners.

Truthfully, I have nothing negative to point out about this book. Although I encountered some small errors in the story, the editing seems to be of high quality.

Considering all the above, I give the book 5 out of 5 stars. The rating is high because I liked and enjoyed every aspect of the story. In addition, considering that I have a physical copy of the book, I would like to praise the quality of the paper and the dimensions of the pages, which are quite large.

As far as recommendations are concerned, I would primarily recommend the book to cat lovers and to all those who are learning English or Spanish. This book could be an excellent tool to upgrade fluency in the mentioned languages ​​and expand vocabulary.

Miss Bebe Comes To America
View: on Bookshelves
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

I must say your review of Miss Bebe Comes to America was heartwarming and insightful. The storyline's theme and message of love, care, and devotion towards pets were rightfully conveyed and highlighted in your review. I am thrilled that you appreciated the language duality incorporated within the book that makes it enjoyable to read and a perfect choice for multilingual children. Additionally, the exquisite and delicately drawn authentic illustrations by Judi Nyerges complemented the story brilliantly, and I am pleased you noticed. It is delightful to see you found nothing negative to point out about the story, and there weren't many grammatical errors either. The five-star rating awarded to the book was deserving, and it was lovely to see it being praised for good editing, paper quality and dimensions. I hope you continue to write more reviews, and I look forward to reading them.
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Chris Agbara »

Your review has definitely piqued my interest in the book, and I look forward to reading it soon.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

Miss Bebe seems like an adventurous cat. The character of Mom and Dad has also taught her a lot and provided her with love. This is an amazing plot. All the added qualities of the book make me want to read it. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't after reading your review.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|

Return to “Children's Books”