Review of Luna Heartstrong & the Brave Explorers of Deep Space

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: The Big Necesscaries by Beth Weiler

Review of Luna Heartstrong & the Brave Explorers of Deep Space

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Luna Heartstrong & the Brave Explorers of Deep Space" by Lyra Brave.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This is a book for children written by Lyra Brave, and it's called Luna Heartstrong & the Brave Explorers of Deep Space. The opportunity to explore space presented itself to Luna one day in the form of an invitation from a mysterious messenger, and she jumped at the chance as soon as she learned that she would be travelling to a location in space known as "The Unknown."

The illustrations in this book immediately captured my attention, and I have no doubt that they will do the same for a child. My attention seemed to wander off into the swirls that were present on each page. The main character and her friends must work together and rely on their friendships to overcome the challenges they face in this story. The reader is also provided with an explanation of stress and how to overcome it. The book includes a guide in which the author discusses questions regarding stress and provides answers to those questions.

The illustrations were beautiful to me. It looks so much like it was made out of cardboard that it might as well be. It gave them a one-of-a-kind look and a feeling of artwork. It was to my satisfaction that the author incorporated themes like friendship and teamwork into the text of the book. The character of Luna was another one of my favourites. The majority of children start dealing with stress at a young age, so the fact that this book addresses it is very helpful.

The fact that I needed to focus to read the text on the Kindle version was a turnoff for me.

The illustrations in this book completely captivated me, and as a result, I have given it a perfect score of 5 out of 5 stars. The plot and the characters were both fantastic. The negative aspect of the book is insufficient to warrant a point deduction. The fact that I couldn't find a mistake in the book leads me to believe it was edited professionally.

I think that children who have an interest in making things with their hands would benefit from looking at the illustrations in this book. Children who have trouble dealing with stress and are unsure of how to do so would benefit from reading this book as well.

Luna Heartstrong & the Brave Explorers of Deep Space
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Children's Books”